Search
Notices

Servo choice on budget

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:13 AM
baron56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo choice on budget

Hello All, I just want to call upon your expertise for a moment, I am rebuilding a Raptor 50, I will be ordering the servos soon. I just want to make sure they will hold up to my Conservative flying style. I'm considering Futaba's S 3152's , If you read previous post you will find I had failure due to wrong servos, the build was fine, I just paid the price with less than adequate servo's. As I mentioned I will be flying as a entry level Pilot, no 3D stuff, Therefore I feel this may be sufficient to learn with piece of mind. Radio is FUT 6 EX, 401 gyro/9254, OS 50 hyper, No governor (yet). still reading up on that one. My goal is to fly scale, so If anyone has advise I would like to hear from you. Thanks , Tom
Old 10-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

Default RE: Servo choice on budget

I woud suggest that you buy the strongest and fastest servos you budget will allow. If you go cheap-o chinese brand x stuff, you will pay for your econonmy by having to buy lots of other parts due to servo failure. I have used Hi-Tec over the many years with grest success. Next up is JR/Spektrum. Pricey a bit they are, but they *really* able to take the abuse that will calle d on them to take and give.
Bear in mnd a great deal more stress and strain is loaded on heli servos than the same servos in fixed wing usage.
Do some research and you will find that fast, strong digital serovs are the norm in heli flight.
Good luck,
Gary
Old 10-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

compare servos here:
[link]http://www.servodatabase.com/[/link]

Hitec servos have been very reliable for me. I am not brand loyal when it comes to servos. Futaba and JR make great servos but their prices are a little bit out there. Hitec servos are a bit more affordable. There have been a few other brands introduced to the market, but i have not bought them myself. I hear that the align 610 are great servos but I have no clue about the price. I also hear that Airtronics has some very fast and strong servos, but again I have not bought any from them either.

Rafael
Old 10-26-2010, 01:52 PM
baron56

Thanks for the advise guys. I really do Appreciate it, sorry for taking so long to respond, I'm working on a boat in the Gulf, and I don't always get signal. 2more days and I will be outta here, well two weeks off anyway, and it all helicopter then.