Notices

Raptor 30 going raptor50

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 AM
domenechalberto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30 going raptor50

I am new to the heli world.
I do have a raptor 30V1???. Eventually I want to convert it into a Rappy 50. At one of the local hobbyshop, the owner , when I asked if there was any conversion kit, he told me , It can't be done , cause the .50 engine won't fit.
I have seen here and there the "CONVERSION KIT , CHEAP WAY TO A RAPTOR .50).But I don't know if it is a market strategy to get yo
Only by switching the main and tail blades size , the tail boom and engine, of course, will actually be enough?
WHAT IS ACTUALLY NEEDED TO DO THE CONVERSION?

Thank to you all guys
Old 01-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raptor 30 going raptor50

Cheap and dirty, get thet 50 engine mount, boom and belt. When the 550 MM blades go away, buy 600's after that. Another item to swap out during the 30 to 50 engine change is smaller freewheeling autorotation gear for 30/50 Raptors. It is gray rather than red. You migh want to look to see if this simple mod may have been done.

Do pay attention to the headspeed tho as the fifty engine drive gear has a different tooth count thatn the 30.

You can do it a step at time or all at once. I can supply p/n's but a direct e-mail woudl be easier than loading up the forum.

Btw: all the parts you need are available from Tower Hobbies.

Gary
Old 01-31-2011, 12:51 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Raptor 30 going raptor50

By the time you get done converting a V1 you're probably most cost effective buying a 50 size kit