Search
Notices

csm governor

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:12 AM
coup80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default csm governor

Hello iam hoping someone could help me as i am getting more comfortable flying my raptor in circuits i have decided to connect up my csm revlock 10 governor so i can start doing some mild aerobatics,however somehing does not seem right after connecting it up and setting throttle up to about 16000 heli seems to have very little power when i try to go up or down sharply,when iam on ground and flick switch up the blades do speed right up but when i compare the response ie up and down sharply no power very slow going up and down,so i landed and flicked switch back down try again and heli seems to have alot more up and down respnse with a far lower head speed ie governor off.does anyone know why this might be?
Old 04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: csm governor

Did you program the governor so it recognizes the full throttle servo stroke?

Sounds to me like you didn't set the throttle limit with a linear throttle curve 0 to 100 so the governor knows where full throttle and idle are.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:15 PM
coup80

Thankyou barracuda you were pretty much right,friend at the club sorted my heli today said he adjusted a bit more pitch into it an speeded up head abit more also adjusted gyro alittle as tail was shaking a bit when you went hard up,all seems pretty good now and just to prove it he went inverted infront of me at head height (brown pants moment for me)the guy seems fearless. hope 1 day i can fly as good as him.
this is a great forum find it very usefull for finding things out as its all new to me and to be honest i feel like such a pest constantly asking questions,when i learned planes i taught myself everything from build and set up to most 3d ,but the helicopters as much as iam getting used to flying them i havent got a clue how to set them up and without my friend and you guys i would never be flying them.
Thanks again
Old 05-09-2011, 01:13 PM
coup80

hello i have since managed to sort the first problem with governor,now i have alot more power when in throttle hold position set revs to 16,500 just now,but wot i have notice once i flick switch up to turn engine governor on engine does rev up and head speed raises alot however after say 5-10 seconds engine/head speed seems to rais and lower by itself every few seconds,if i fly circuits on normal throttle mode all seems ok.

could the governor bee fault or just the sensor,as strange how when first activated all ok then 5-10 seconds later starts raising and lowering revs by itself,very scarey
Old 05-09-2011, 02:33 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

There's a pot on the governor that controls the gain, try turning it up a little at a time and see what happens.