Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:15 PM
amsharma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COLLECTIVE SERVO and RUDDER SERVO MOVEMENT FUTABA T7C

COLLECTIVE SERVO-

1. The movement is considerably more towards one side though the end points
shown in the tx are near about equal.

2. The end points does not go to 140% as with other servos and are about 108%.

3. I am using PITCH PUSH PULL on my Raptor 50, servo is 9253 futaba with 2.4 futaba T 7c... is there some problem in programming?

4. I have checked the servo in question by connecting it to another channel and it shows 140% both ways and TX also by going to ACRO and using rudder servo which also gives 140% both sides.

5. With the set up of pitch push pull as given in the raptor manual i was getting 60% max on end points therefore I have modified the setup by putting the double links in the inner holes of the servo arms only and now getting 98%...is this setup OK?

HOW TO CREATE STICK PRIORITY ON FUTABA T 7C FOR RUDDER SERVO -

1. If you can kindly explain HOW TO CREATE STICK PRIORITY ON FUTABA T 7C FOR RUDDER SERVO, am using FUTABA GY 401 WITH S 9254 FUTABA SERVO
the manual says go to http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-7c.html ....but nothing is explained on this page....

2. The principles of GOOD MECHANICAL SETUP says that the servo travel to be as near to 100% with end points within 5% of each other...how to apply this to rudder servo with above mentioned gyro...is it required as the servo travel is very less.

Regards
Amit
Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: COLLECTIVE SERVO and RUDDER SERVO MOVEMENT FUTABA T7C

Throw out the Push Pull, put the collective servo in the V2 spot, throw away the tail servo mount and mount the rudder servo in the nose.

Mount the collective servo with the spline to the front and use a wheel to eliminate servo arm flex.

If that really is a 9253 thats a tail servo with no where near enough torque for the collective on a Raptor. I suspect or hope that you mean 9252

As for the rudder, the end points in the radio should be set to 100/100 that controls your piro speed NOT your rudder servo throw. Rudder servo throw is set by the limit pot on the gyro which should be at or slightly above 100. If its not adjust your rudder servo arm length to suit
Old 05-02-2011, 12:31 PM
amsharma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sir , I have read about collective setup without PUSH PULL ... will incorporate...but where can i get the details of NOSE MOUNTING OF RUDDER SERVO .

Regards
Amit
Old 05-02-2011, 12:40 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Its in the V2 manual, and on Raptor Technique. When you remove the push pull then bay will be open for the rudder servo. The Titan kit includes the proper parts though they don't note it anywhere in the manual.