Notices

raptor 30 and red paddles

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Callouscade
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor 30 and red paddles

hey everyone, it's kinda late for this but maybe i'll get a response. i put the red paddles on the raptor and used to have the black ones. i'm testing it today. is there anything to be careful of? anything i should kno wabout having such light paddles?

ill post later what the new flight performance is like

thanks
Old 07-31-2011, 11:51 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: raptor 30 and red paddles

Cylic will be a lot more responsive.

Make sure they are aligned, if the paddles aren't aligned correctly you risk it pitching nose down in fast forward flight, which depending on how high you are when it happens will result in soiled huggies, or a trash bag full of parts.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

Get ready for some *REALLY* fast dancing

I tried'em for a VERY short fllight, went back to the blacak paddles.

Would suggest you follow BH's advice unless you are really really good.

Gary
Old 07-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Callouscade

THIS MESSAGE DESERVES ALL CAPITAL LETTER!!!!!!!!

I JUST GOT BACK FROM MY TEST FLIGHTS, I PLANNED TO HOVER AND JUST DO FIGURE EIGHTS TO GET USED TO EM.... ABOUT FIVE SECONDS INTO HOVER I GOT BORED AND JUST SHOT IT UP AND FLIPPED... WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! NOW I JUST GOTTA GET A FIFTY CUZ THE 30 BOGS A LOT DURING MANEUVERS LIKE TIC TOCS AND SUCH... THE TIC TOC QUICKLY TURNED INTO A LOSS OF HEADSPEAD AND ALTITUDE, THEN A QUARTER PIRO FLIP AND HOVER. AFTER THE PIRO (I PRACTICE THOSE ON THE SIM AAS A BAIL OUT) I STAYED IN HOVER FOR A FEW SECS CUZ I WAS SHOCKED I DID THAT, I THOUGHT FOR SURE I WOULD LOSE IT, I AWSN'T HIGH ENOUGH. THEN, TO CHECK ALIGNMENT AS YOU SAID BH, I TOOK IT UP TO WHERE I COULD BARELY SEE THE DARN THING AND BANKED INTO THE FASTED LEVEL FORWARD FLIGHT I COULD GET INTO... DEAD STABLE DURING IT. THEN I STARTED JUST FIGURE EIGHTS AND RELAXING WITH SOME FAST BANKS LIKE WHIPPING IT INTO A TURN.

SO ALL IN ALL... THOSE RED PADDLES ARE WHAT I'VE WANTED TO BEGIN WITH. BUT THATS JUST ME!

GARY,  I DO AGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENT, THEY MAKE IT MUCH MORE AGILE AND RESPONSIVE, AND IN A HOVER ITS A TAD LESS STABLE, BUT IT SURE AS HECK OPENS A DOOR TO NEW MANEUVERS. I PERSONALY LIKE GOING INTO A STALL TURN, THEN DOING A HALF FLIP TO POINT HER NOSE DOWN, THEN AN AILERON ROLL, AND INTO FORWARD FLIGHT. WITH THE BLACK PADDLES I HAD TO BAIL DURING THE ROLL AND ALMOST HIT A FENCE AS I CROSSED THE FLIGHTLINE... NOW I CAN DO IT EASILY!

THANKS GUYS!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

Would suggest a OS 50 blue head and change to gear ratio to match that of the Titan five-oh.

Due to the short(er) boom, watch that the tail does snap around on you.
Good luck and enjoy,

Gary
Old 08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Callouscade

i'm going to get all the parts for a 50 Titan conversion. i'll convert it iether beginning of next years flying season, or when i wreck the 30! whichever comes first!

P.S. with the new paddles, i've discovered that the heli will successfullly complete a flip when i sadly forget to put it into idle up... lol. that was a scary moment hearing the engine close to idle.