Search
Notices

8.7:1 on titan?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 PM
highlander84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8.7:1 on titan?

So I ordered all the parts for my R30-50 upgrade. OS 50 Hyper ooo I cant wait... to bad I got to wait about a week for them to get here (overseas shipping) I noticed I ordered 8.7:1 gear ratio.... good or bad? I got 600MM carbon fiber blades comming with it... I read it keeps the engine at a higher RPM for a given headspeed.... I dont know if i like this or not... what are the rest of you running. FYI I made it into the R50Titan size So I COULD put 620mm's on her.... 95mm on the tail... Now im worried about this gear ratio...
Old 03-15-2012, 04:21 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: 8.7:1 on titan?

Having both, the 8.7 does a "little" better on the bigger blades.

I came to the conclusion that it was so little difference I wouldn't tear another of my Raptors down to install the 8.7's nor would I tear the 8.7 Titan down to go back to 8.5
Old 03-15-2012, 04:40 AM
highlander84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8.7:1 on titan?

So I have no worries, the only reason i got the 8.7 is it was a package set and it was cheaper. didnt realize till after what it was. now I have this terrible week untill everything arrives... gonna stripe the old parts tonight and check her out....then wait..... Im excited about the power a 50 has... I going from a tt39 with wood blades to a os50 hyper with carbon ooooooooo good times to come... Thanks BH