Notices

Value of new RTF Raptor 50

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:14 AM
jgaither4
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of new RTF Raptor 50

A gentleman would like to trade with me on an airplane deal. I am not a heli flyer and would only want to sell this heli if I trade for it. I am seeking some guidance on its worth to sell reasonably quick.

Here is his brief description:
its a raptor 50 in a md 530 fuse i think it would be a pretty good trade for both of us and you can could get 1500 out of the heli on a fast sell any day of the week.

Sure would appreciate any input on this heli and its value on the current market. He says it was only flown once to set it up with the radio.

John Gaither[img]
Blowing Rock, NC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16604.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	1764632  
Old 05-21-2012, 08:13 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Value of new RTF Raptor 50

Thats highly dependent on how the heli is equipped. I don't see anything special on the heli like a metal head, and I'm guessing we aren't talking a transmitter, so I would doubt the value of the heli if you were to try to sell it would be much over 1000, probably closer to 900. Maybe a little more if its truly brand new, and has very nice components.

Case in point, our LHS had a truly brand new Raptor Titan with metal upgrades and Futaba digital servos, a modern gyro, and an OS55 engine and it was down to 1000 the last time I saw it before they went out of business.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:31 AM
jgaither4
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks, Andy. This is most helpful. I havent been provided more than you see here, so I dont know the details.

Appreciate your guidance.

John Gaither
Old 05-21-2012, 08:58 AM
hobby_man
My Feedback: (8)

the same set up sold here in MN for $500 this spring
Old 06-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Bobt2
My Feedback: (4)

i hate to say it as i own 3 raptors, but 500 is closer to the truth. and unless you have a bunch of heli fliers close, you would have to ship it, and someone is going to pay that bill as well.