Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Newbie seeks blade advice for a Raptor 50

I was given a Raptor 50 and I am learning to hover it. I have trashed one set of blades and am hoping someone can recommend decent blades for just learning and flying around. The choices seem endless.

Thanks,

Dave

RE: Newbie seeks blade advice for a Raptor 50

Mavrikk carbons from Heliproz, just get the cheapest 600mm carbons, you dont need anything special.
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I almost second that. Wood blades don't track very well, but may be the best choice if you are still learning to hover and even first transition to forward flight. Metal components and carbon blades can add up pretty quick learning to hover/fly. I'm hoping you have someone helping you, or at least have mastered the flight sim before trying to hover the real thing?
    Cub Brother #10
    Waco Brother #221

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Lins

I almost second that. Wood blades don't track very well, but may be the best choice if you are still learning to hover and even first transition to forward flight. Metal components and carbon blades can add up pretty quick learning to hover/fly. I'm hoping you have someone helping you, or at least have mastered the flight sim before trying to hover the real thing?

I agree !

But these are actually only $6 more then the TT Wood Blades

http://www.heliproz.com/Mavrikk-2Q-P...ctinfo/822141/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use Mavrikk carbons on my 60v2, I'm just a little further than you on the learning curve and they work out great. I recommend Heliproz as well too.

If you haven't done yet, get some really long 3/8-1/2 wooden dowels notch in the middle so they make a perfect x and zip tie to the landing skids, with plasic balls on the end (somewhere in the 2" diameter area). That should help a little. The training gear really helps me not tip over on takeoffs and landings. While it doesn't look the coolest it saves money on blades.

I took the wooden blades that came with mine and threw them in the trash they never went on my heli. The Mavrikks do track very well.