Notices

Newbie seeks blade advice for a Raptor 50

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:21 AM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Newbie seeks blade advice for a Raptor 50

I was given a Raptor 50 and I am learning to hover it. I have trashed one set of blades and am hoping someone can recommend decent blades for just learning and flying around. The choices seem endless.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 05-24-2012, 05:55 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Newbie seeks blade advice for a Raptor 50

Mavrikk carbons from Heliproz, just get the cheapest 600mm carbons, you dont need anything special.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Lins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I almost second that. Wood blades don't track very well, but may be the best choice if you are still learning to hover and even first transition to forward flight. Metal components and carbon blades can add up pretty quick learning to hover/fly. I'm hoping you have someone helping you, or at least have mastered the flight sim before trying to hover the real thing?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Crossfade
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lins

I almost second that. Wood blades don't track very well, but may be the best choice if you are still learning to hover and even first transition to forward flight. Metal components and carbon blades can add up pretty quick learning to hover/fly. I'm hoping you have someone helping you, or at least have mastered the flight sim before trying to hover the real thing?

I agree !

But these are actually only $6 more then the TT Wood Blades

http://www.heliproz.com/Mavrikk-2Q-P...ctinfo/822141/
Old 10-20-2012, 10:21 PM
dvs1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Mavrikk carbons on my 60v2, I'm just a little further than you on the learning curve and they work out great. I recommend Heliproz as well too.

If you haven't done yet, get some really long 3/8-1/2 wooden dowels notch in the middle so they make a perfect x and zip tie to the landing skids, with plasic balls on the end (somewhere in the 2" diameter area). That should help a little. The training gear really helps me not tip over on takeoffs and landings. While it doesn't look the coolest it saves money on blades.

I took the wooden blades that came with mine and threw them in the trash they never went on my heli. The Mavrikks do track very well.