Notices

Cool Power Total Synthetic

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Crossfade
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool Power Total Synthetic

Went to the local hobby shop yesterday, Well if thats what you want to call it being its over an hour away but anyways i went to get fuel and got a gallon.

Anyways i was'nt really paying attention when the guy grabed it which is my mistake, i pointed at and said i wanted the Green Muiti Viscosity total synthetic which is 15% Nitro and 18% Lub becuz this was the closes thing they had to heli fuel so i drove over an hour to get back home and finally realized that he grabed the regular Green 15% Cool Power total synthetic which is 15% Nitro and 17% Lub, Can i even run this in my OS 50 Hyper being that the lub content is only 17% or do you guys think it would be ok for just normal flight stuff ?
Old 10-20-2012, 01:38 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Cool Power Total Synthetic

Sorry I saw your PM on my Blackberry but was at an event and forgot to answer it when I got back.

All the green cool power fuels (labeled heli, sport, and 4 stroke) are identical. I always mixed a few ounces of oil if I was going to run it my helis but as long as you have the engine a click or two on the rich side you wont hurt your engine.

The red 20 percent and up is the good stuff but even that I'm not thrilled with, I much prefer Byron Rotor Rage, I quit replacing bearings when I switched to Byrons
Old 10-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Crossfade

Hey BH !

That's fine bud after I sent the pm it said my sent folder was empty so I didn't know if the pm system was working or not, lol

I wanted the rotor rage but no one around here carries it and I don't fly enough to order 4 gallons at a time, all the hobby shops around here are more geared toward planes then helis.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Crossfade

I ran 2 tanks of this 15% CoolPower this evening and my OS 50 Hyper seems to like it alot better then the 15% Wildcat i was using, My Raptor was alot lets messy to so thats a plus !