Search
Notices

Raptor 30

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Magicd1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30

I am having a problem when I turn the main rotor head counter clockwise it make a noise as if gears are meshing together. The noise is not coming from the belt because I removed it. It sounds as if the clutch is stuck. Can someone help me please?
Old 04-25-2002, 11:42 PM
RcNorth

Default Raptor 30

Magicd1, you may want to start a new thread for this one, as it will probably be read more.

The main shaft may have dropped a bit causing the gears to rub on the clutch bell.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:59 PM
Scotty740

Default Raptor 30

I split this off and started a new thread for you.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:35 PM
w.pasman

Default Raptor 30

Well, there *are* gears meshing together :-)

How about removing the main gear and checking out whether the sounds are still there when you rotate the clutch only.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:10 AM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

Default Just a guess

If it's the noise I'm thinking about it sounds like the gears are a little too far apart, I belive it is do to not having any resistance on the gears, or resistance in the wrong dirrection as my heli doesn't do it when running (hehe my 50 is quiet enough to tell )

My Rapter 50 does that, too... So did my concept 30 (even after new gears). I'm not an expert but I think it's normal, I checked mine out and It is the pinion making that noise with the main gear.... Why it does it in one dirrection I have no idea.

When driving the gears in revearse you are making the pinion gear hit the right (correct) part of the teeth in reverse (opposite angular dirrection). I am guessing that the pinion gear might not be completly in line with the main gear... like it's off to the side it drives a little more.... just a guess.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:26 AM
Ferrari-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default clutch

i had one of the wings break off my clutch one time and it sounded like that, give that a try go check out the clutch.

worth trying
Old 05-01-2002, 02:49 AM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

Default clutch

Mine did that out of the box.