Search
Notices

Raptor 30 Main Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 02:23 PM
russ7990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30 Main Shaft

Hi all, just joined this site and very new to RC Heli.
Needless to say, managed to crash my Raptor 30v2.
Rotors need replacing and some linkages, which i am fairly confident I can fix, but I think I also need to replace the main shaft as well.
Is this a job for an expert, or can i attempt this myself?
This was an ARTF kit so most of it was already built so i have no experience of assembling it in the first place!
Any advice much appreciated
Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 AM
qwerty3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the time, the main shaft survives a crash - unless it's very violent. The spindle that the blades pivot on always gets bent, however.
To be an RC heli pilot, you really need to learn to be your own mechanic. This skill is equally as important as the piloting itself. Get the manual for your heli - should be available on line, somewhere, and get familiar with how the pieces assemble. Try to find an experienced heli pilot near you, for some coaching - it will save you a lot of time. You will need several high-quality hex wrenches - 1.5, 2, and 3mm. Check out Raptor Technique - lots of very good information there on 'how to'.
The biggest issue may be getting parts, since Thunder Tiger no longer supports this machine. A fairly good source is http://www.heli-kraft.com/ - they sell 'Klone 50' parts, almost all of which will fit your 30 (only difference is the gearing, tail boom / belt, and blades). Another good site is https://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/home/
Good to hear that there's still somebody out there flying a nitro heli!
The following users liked this post:
flydawg (10-24-2021)
Old 03-21-2018, 07:21 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you follow Raptor technique, you will be well on your way. It covers just about everything. I have (2) RaptorV1's I still fly. I have a few spares but the parts are getting harder and harder to find. One of the local hobby shops, a guy came in to have his looked at, has not been back to pick it up. I have my name and number in with the owner, if he does not come back, I can buy it. Looking forward to getting more parts.

Buzz.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:11 PM
Libra Naraghi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello every one ,I am also new to RC Heli and join this site to find information about Raptor Heli type that is bought as follows ,
1) Raptor 30 V2 which was new and just assembled
2) Raptor 50 SC with a few flight
Thanks a lot for nice sharing information specially Raptor Technique .some other sites in above may be not working and expires.
The following users liked this post:
flydawg (10-24-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 04:05 PM
flydawg

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by russ7990
Hi all, just joined this site and very new to RC Heli.
Needless to say, managed to crash my Raptor 30v2.
Rotors need replacing and some linkages, which i am fairly confident I can fix, but I think I also need to replace the main shaft as well.
Is this a job for an expert, or can i attempt this myself?
This was an ARTF kit so most of it was already built so i have no experience of assembling it in the first place!
Any advice much appreciated
my experience, the main shaft and the feathering shaft both bend. agree with the rest, always be able to fix from ground up. a good mechanical mind can figure it all out. I've never followed the directions. NOR have I seen the need. a Fly bared helicopter is simple don't overwhelm yourself.

Last edited by flydawg; 11-01-2021 at 04:08 PM.