Search
Notices

Raptor 30 v2 pitch servo problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 01:19 AM
Kwesdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30 v2 pitch servo problem

I have search for many hours on multiple forum sites and set-up sites and could not find a simple answer to my question so I will just ask you all.

My problem is that when I set up my collective travel the server hits its mechanical limits well before I get I close to my -9+9 pitch on both ends. If I get it set up on one end the servo will bottom out before it gets to the correct pitch on the other side.

Now common sense tells me to just use a longer servo arm but I am trying to follow the directions as close as I can and when setting up the rappy for 3D there is no mention of moving the ball link on the servo arm out or using a longer servo arm. The only adjustment the manual says is to increase the pitch rod length and move the ball link on the collective arm to the inner hole.

Is everyone able to get their max throws with the recommended 10.5mm on the servo arm but me or is everyone having to use a longer servo arm?

Also adjusting the ATV or pitch curves isnt the problem because like I said the servo hits its mechanical limits before the pitch range desired is achieved no matter what the ATV or curves are set at.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Harry
Old 08-07-2004, 06:11 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Raptor 30 v2 pitch servo problem

You have to set it up mechanically before you do anything else. Set your ATV's at 100%, now adjust with your linkage so you have full travel on the collective arm and no binding on the top and bottom (high stick and low stick). You mite have to move your ball on the servo horn and adjust your ball links. This will take some time if your not sure how to do it, but it can be done. You should be able to get +10 and -10, if you find all you can get is +9 and -9 that's fine, because a 30 size heli doesn't need any more pitch then that. Just make sure your servo is not binding. If you can't figure out how to do it, you will have to find someone to show you how to do it.
After you get that done you make sure you have 0 degrees pitch at half stick, then you use your pitch curves to set the pitch you want. If your radio doesn't have pitch curves, you will have to set your pitch to 5 degrees at half stick with the links on the heli and set your top pitch and bottom pitch with your ATV's.
Sorry if I have you more confused then you were before, I didn't mean to [&o]. It's a lot easier to show someone how to do it then it is to tell them how to do it.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Crawler
My Feedback: (1)

Turn on your Tx and Rx..... Have your Radio pitch curve set at O% low and 100% high stick..Take your Servo Arm off the servo and center it so you get equal throw both ways. You may be off a tooth or two.. Once you get equal throw both ways you can adjust Rod length and ATV's to get desired pitch range..
Old 08-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Kwesdog

OK thanks charlie I got everything you are talking about. I been flying helis for quite a while but all of them exept this raptor are CCPM so thats why I was wondering.

Harry