Community
Search
Notices

New Rapter 60 Kit has missing part!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 12:20 AM
stop_the_spam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rapter 60 Kit has missing part!

I can't believe this... I just received a Raptor 60 kit from Heliproz tonight and I started assembling it, and to my horror, bearing #5 on the (1-1-2 Pinion Gear Subassembly) is missing!!

Not only did I wait 11 days to receive the heli from Heliproz, I have to wait longer now until I can get a complete kit!

Unbelievable.

Has anyone else tried to assemble a Raptor only to find that some monkey didn't put all of the required parts in the bags?
Old 07-30-2002, 12:55 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, I bought the new v2 raptor 60 to find that the fuel tank had a defect (hole in the mount flange). I called heliproz, they gave me the # for thunderchicken, I called them, they said that they have to get the defective item then inspect it before they could ship the new tank. Of course I'm on the east coast and they're in California. I asked if I could buy a new tank and then they could reimburse me when my tank arrived after inspection, NO!!!!!!!!! I sent them the tank, meanwhile calling heliproz and ordering a 2nd tank for my BRAND NEW IN THE BOX kit. Finally I received both tanks..........I do think that thundertiger kits are very good, just that their customer service stinks!!!!!!! Jon
Old 07-30-2002, 01:01 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

I'm kinda disappointed you have to produce a receipt in order for them to replace their defective part.
Old 07-30-2002, 01:03 AM
Bluto

I had some missing parts in my R30 kit last year, I emailed Ace and had the parts 3 days later, I consider that to be outstanding service, of course not having missing parts would have been better. I Really like their helicopters I just hope they can get it together and get their level of service back to what use to be.
Old 07-30-2002, 01:03 AM
jonkoppisch

It definately made me think about switching to another brand. Unfortunately I was already in to deep :^(
Old 07-30-2002, 01:05 AM
jonkoppisch

I emailed, called, emailed, called thundertiger, gave up on them, called heliproz then called thundertiger again, then called heliproz 1 more time, eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk

Now I wish heliproz would get the mavvrik carbon 600 blades back in stock. I splatted my rator 50 and.... :^)
Old 07-30-2002, 01:38 AM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

Horizon hobby (JR), has great service. I had a couple of circumstances with my JR Venture, and what they did was sent out the parts for me that I needed that day, and I sent them the defective parts that day, basically they trusted me to send the parts back, which I did. They realize people dont want to wait for them to get my pkg, and then they ship the replacement. Bear in mind these were inexpensive parts they were replacing, so normally I think they would have to have the defective parts back 1st, which is understandable. Daz...
Old 07-30-2002, 01:48 AM
jonkoppisch

Sounds like horizon has great service. I like the thundertiger products. I have 3 30 raptors, 1 50 raptor (in misc parts anyway, lol) and 1 60 size raptor. I wish that after spending $2000 in new helicopters they could trust me for a $12 fuel tank which probably cost them less than $2
Old 07-30-2002, 05:04 AM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

a) this has nothing to do with heliproz
b) you get what you pay for
c) it is not a "monkey" packing up stuff, just a guy working at minimum wage
d) bad customer service, see b)
e) packaging mistakes happen, even at the highest quality products and kits
f) the stock inventory is solely depended on the supplier not the store
Old 07-30-2002, 09:58 AM
jonkoppisch

a. If I sell something both I and the manufacturer should back that item up unless the item is used and everything is disclosed up front. This item was brand new.
b. I paid their full asking price, I thought that I paid a fair amount of money. Maybe I'm wrong
c. I think they're still responsible for their product. I'm sure the guy making minimum wage did the best he could, why couldn't they especially since they are paying him minimum wage?
d. bad customer service goes back to thundertiger and heliproz
e. I'm sure packaging mistakes do happen, they didn't make any mistakes taking the full amount of money out of my account though :^)
f. They do carry the items in stock as I turned around and ordered a tank from them then did it priority to get it here in decent time. They didn't offer to swap me tanks when I got mine from thundertiger or reimburse me or, same with thundertiger......didn't offer to work with me in any way at all except to take more money out of my account.

I'm not near as harsh as all of this sounds, I just think things could be handled a little better. As I said I do have quite a few thundertiger products including airplane products as well. This is my final post. Sorry to rant on and on. Jon
Old 07-30-2002, 10:34 AM
GM1

Default missing parts

I'm amazed that any helicopter kit ever gets packed correctly. After sitting and watching a young lady sit and count bolts to put in little plastic bags for two hours, it's unbelievable to me that all kits aren't screwed up.
Seriously, packing mistakes are going to happen and, for me, it's enough if the company will make good on the missing or defective part. It also is unfortunate that some people will take advantage of this to get "extra" stuff off the companies, hence the return policy. I don't like that either but do uunderstand the logic behind it.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:37 AM
stop_the_spam

The worst part, is I wanted an ARF and that's what I thought I was ordering from Heliproz. The R60 V2 w/OS.61SXH KIT was $699 and the ARF w/TT70 was $699 so I got the one with the OS.61SXH, but didn't realize that it was a kit! They should be more clear on what they are selling, IE: "This is NOT and ARF" would have been nice to know since the ARF version w/TT70 was the same price and listed right next to each other.. Oh well, I guess it was my fault for not being critical. I ended up enjoying the Kit, with the exception of the missing bearing that I have to wait for now.. I'm just skipping forward and doing other steps until I get my bearing.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:44 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Yeah, about that (b)...

I don't think I got what I paid for. If you are implying that since I got a cheap plastic Raptor and therefore deserve to get a kit with missing parts, that is one thing. No big surprise given your view of the Raptor.

But to say that I got what I paid for (I was missing the aileron/throttle linkage....the balls and links....and 12 out of 20 servo screws), I don't think I got what I paid for.

And I e-mailed Ace....and never heard a word. So I made some, no sweat. And ordered some from the LHS (I bought the original kit from HeliProz) and after only 6 weeks, they got my replacement parts. And you know what?? When I paid them, they gave me what I ordered!! Imagine that!
Old 07-30-2002, 01:49 PM
flmgrip

jonkoppisch, you are just plain incorrect about a)...
b) yes you are wrong, you are buying one of the cheapest heli's available...
c) because he/she is getting minimum wage... and see GM1
d) what does heliproz to do with that? should they check every box for every screw? (and didn't they send it priority?)

hey i am most certain it could have handled better, i am not a big fan of TT... (as everybody knows). just remember that even the customer service guys get close to minimum wage and if you think a guy on minimum wage will work as hard as a guy getting 3 times a much you are just dreaming...

x86guru, as you admitted correctly it might have been your fault, i am sure TT would never put an O.S. in an ARF...

ChuckAuger, no you do not deserve missing parts... but see the post of GM1.

BTW i fly two raptors BECAUSE they are cheap and i accept all the faults, missing parts, sloppy control etc. BECAUSE they are cheap. when i feel like high precision and quality i fly my fury extreme...
Old 07-30-2002, 02:00 PM
jonkoppisch

a. if it's a cheaper heli do I deserve to have parts missing?
b. because someone is getting minimum wage doesn't exclude the manufacturer to quality check his merchandise and stand behind it
c. I PAID heliproz for the priority shipping and the new fuel tank. They didn't do anything. Heliproz doesn't have to check every screw and nut but they do need to stand behind the product they are selling or don't sell it if it's such a bad product that they can't do that

If I pay for a product I expect to get everything included that was advertised or if you don't want to ship it all at once, then you shouldn't expect full payment. Wouldn't that be fair? lol. Jon
Old 07-30-2002, 02:15 PM
flmgrip

[i].... This is my final post. Sorry to rant on and on. Jon [/B]
????

[i].... ChuckAuger, no you do not deserve missing parts... but see the post of GM1.
[/B]
[i].... because someone is getting minimum wage doesn't exclude the manufacturer to quality check his merchandise and stand behind it [/B]
but it is much harder...

now give it a break already... mistakes happen, WHAT is the big deal ?

this is MY final post
Old 07-30-2002, 02:18 PM
jonkoppisch

This is my final, final. To think I didn't even make minimum wage for this mistake, lol. Jon
Old 07-30-2002, 03:30 PM
sw1241
My Feedback: (1)

Default Wages and other things

A. I bought a raptor 50 to learn on and having never seen a heli up close, I felt that the manual and the assembly was easy to do, the parts were all there even tho the minimum wage person packing the kit was only 12 or 10 and the wage was only $2.00 per day( if that much).

B. I had read more than once before i bought my 50 kit (wanted to build it for the experience) that the 60 was NOT an ARF.

C. Wages have nothing to do with quality control, I work in a industry where our parts are supplyed by some of the highest paid workers and we have more packaging problems than a brg. missing, we get heater cores for radiators, hinges for hoods, any how you see what i mean.

D. you could have put the parts back in the box and sent them back for a refund. I work part time for a discount hobby store chain and we take kits back all the time for incomplete parts.

e. At my place of work no receipt, no warranty, proof of purchase required.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:51 AM
steve9534

Default QC

FWIW, I'd agree that it's nice to get all the parts you paid for. You get what you pay for - well maybe. I've built three Xcells and all of them were missing some essential part. My three Raptors have all come with all the parts needed to complete the helicopter.
If it doesn't say ARF in the ad, you can be sure it's not. I don't understand being upset for not getting one, when nowhere in the ad does it state or imply that it's an ARF. Steve.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:31 AM
stop_the_spam

Default Re: QC

Originally posted by steve9534
FWIW, I'd agree that it's nice to get all the parts you paid for. You get what you pay for - well maybe. I've built three Xcells and all of them were missing some essential part. My three Raptors have all come with all the parts needed to complete the helicopter.
If it doesn't say ARF in the ad, you can be sure it's not. I don't understand being upset for not getting one, when nowhere in the ad does it state or imply that it's an ARF. Steve.
In R60 descriptions at Heliproz, The Kits said "Kit", and the ARFs said "ARF" in their short description. The package I bought didn't say "Kit" or "ARF" but I assumed ARF because it was the same price exactly as the ARF above it (R60 w/OS .61SXH WC).

Adrian