Community
Search
Notices

tell the truth about raptors

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 10:56 AM
gray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was i saying O!!!!!!!! yes.Ithing i am going to take my time on this time getting a v2 till it is proven good .You do not know what suprizes this one is going to bring .
Old 10-01-2002, 11:30 AM
Bloodsport
My Feedback: (15)

Default tell the truth about raptors

I just don't get it, I do not read any posts about the standard Vigor or CS flying apart,yet the raptor is still the most popular? maybe a cool name is better than a good heli?
Old 10-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Bluto

Gray, do you really want to know the truth or are you just trying to get a good flame war started

Bloodsport, do you own a Raptor? I really don't understand why you are posting in this thread, I don't remember any one asking for info on JR helicopters

I suggest the Moderators close this thread due to a complete lack of useful information.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Originally posted by Bluto
Gray, do you really want to know the truth or are you just trying to get a good flame war started

Bloodsport, do you own a Raptor? I really don't understand why you are posting in this thread, I don't remember any one asking for info on JR helicopters

I suggest the Moderators close this thread due to a complete lack of useful information.
Let's stick to the topic , which is "tell the truth about Raptor's".
Old 10-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Hitch-Hiker

Raptor clutchs

I just pulled out a broken on last night What did you guys strat anyway??? Ahhh it have about 80-90 flights on it and I am hard on my helis, and it was the origional.

acutually, I have had really good luck with the replacements from helihut. they have the oval cut in the shoe instead of a round cut. Easy to identify. I dont think I have broken any of those.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:53 PM
Hitch-Hiker

I spoke with ACE yesterday. I will be getting my V2 today!! So much for the reps getting anything faster than the rest of the world!!!

There will be a big problem when these birds start hitting the flying fields and hitting the ground. They may fly great, But IF you crash one...... There are ZERO parts in stock at ace for the V2's.

My opionion, they should have waited a couple of weeks so the parts would catch up! But I'm just a guy that likes flying helis....
Old 10-01-2002, 12:57 PM
RCAdd1ct

Did you replace the liner and the clutch or just the clutch?

I put two rounds of electrical tape around the clutch and it would not go in the bell so I assumed that the liner was still ok.

I have not run it yet. Any input on if you should always change the liner and the clutch at the same time.

Thanks

Originally posted by Hitch-Hiker
Raptor clutchs

I just pulled out a broken on last night What did you guys strat anyway??? Ahhh it have about 80-90 flights on it and I am hard on my helis, and it was the origional.

acutually, I have had really good luck with the replacements from helihut. they have the oval cut in the shoe instead of a round cut. Easy to identify. I dont think I have broken any of those.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:21 PM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

My clutch went through more than I thought it should of so I am very happy with how long it lasted. It was the stock clutch. I'm going with a heavy duty clutch form heliproz now because it's only $1 more. I am replacing the clutch and the liner.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Bloodsport

In fact, I do own a raptor 30,It looks real cool on my shelf too! Really I just liked the ergo better,I am not much for normall maintinence.i also bought a Venture 30 a couple of months ago and it flys great but it is all plastic and not near the heli the ergo is.The raptor 30 of mine does not want to hold the settings from one flight to the next,IE tracking.Hey I know that people are real loyal to brands,but I asure you that I could care less what the label says,I just want a good easy to maintain chopper.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:11 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Originally posted by Hitch-Hiker
I spoke with ACE yesterday. I will be getting my V2 today!! So much for the reps getting anything faster than the rest of the world!!!

There will be a big problem when these birds start hitting the flying fields and hitting the ground. They may fly great, But IF you crash one...... There are ZERO parts in stock at ace for the V2's.

My opionion, they should have waited a couple of weeks so the parts would catch up! But I'm just a guy that likes flying helis....
Post us some pictures of your new V2.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:29 PM
Bluto

Bloodsport, since you do own a Raptor then I apologize for my other post.

I Know what you mean about flying the one you like best, of my R30, R50 and R60 the 50 gets flown the most. All three are great helicopters I just like the power to weight ratio of the 50 and its also cheaper to crash than the 60.

As far as the tracking changing that's usually caused by not enough silicon grease on the spindle and dampners or cheap wood blades.

Brand loyalty has little to do with why I fly Raptors I'm to cheap to let brand loyalty get in the way of my flying, in fact I thought about trying a Century but after figuring out how much it would cost to build up a supply of parts I decided to just spend that money on a better radio.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:22 PM
gray

Default Gray, do you really want to know the truth or are you just trying to get a good flame

I thing you are referring to blood sport Do not own a jr heli yet.Iam sure i will in the future as all love is good love .Also i really like this thread , it is working for me .I like controversy and different opinions and i believe arguments (not fighting ) bring up a lot of good/bad things that would not normally come out..
And i just ordered an other rapy 30 from heliworld $239 with 49 bearings and a crush kit .

It is only a hobby but i love it .
Old 10-01-2002, 07:59 PM
Bloodsport

Good luck Gray!
Life is short, Fly FAST!
Old 10-06-2002, 11:39 AM
gray

Ok .I did not want you to think i forget this thread which by the way is the reason i got my second r 30 before i even tried the first one i had.
I wanted to let you that i did not fly the used rapy i got first because i did not want to judge it by flying a used and worn out (may crashed )or built by someone else with different skills (may be better maybe worse) .
So i put it together stock , i used an older but only about 2 hrs on it , os 32 max (one before the SX )with the rear starter cone and s128 servos with the BB conversion,hitech 605 on the collective ( just what i had laying around for starters )On the tail i have the 401 with a 525 servo).
I do not blame anybody to be in love with this bird.I know is too new but everything fits good and feels tight god solid hover good autos very good tail speed feels good no mater what i did with it . Easy to set up compared to my century where everything has to be perfect ( it always toke me a long long time to get my curves right with all my hawks and falcons) this one just setup and go .
So anyway i wanted to thank every one for the comments .

I LIKE IT.............................
Old 10-28-2002, 12:04 AM
stevenyc1

Just curious....since some say there are issues with the clutch- is it possible to use a different clutch? Is it the clutch itself that breaks or the housing......

...I owned a Rap 30 awhile ago but sold it on eBay as I couldn't properly afford the heli hobby full tilt- but now I'm back and into the swing of things (making $$) and picked up a Quick 30 but looking into picking up a 2nd machine and all the talk of the Rap 30 V2 has piqued my interest- if only there was a review for us to read....

....good luck to you guys....it's great to have all these machines available and have these many choices- it's great!

If anyone finds a review of the Rap V2- please post a link- i'm getting anxious to buy the next machine.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:37 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had many helicopters. The Raptors are some of the best. I have never lost a clutch and only 2 crashes, both due to stripped servos. (Since gone to metal gears). They out fly all the schluter stuff I have had. Don't hesitate to buy raptor! its a good machine.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:13 AM
alessandrop65

I am a newbie heli flyer... I have owned a Shuttle(RIP)... I am still the proud owner of a Century Hawk IV but I just ordered a Rap 30v2 because of Raptors reputation of being strong, cheaper to fix, lots of parts available at the LHS and generally good heli to learn on. It seems that TT really listened to the complaints/suggestion and did somenthing about it!

I know a few very skilled flyers in the Denver area that just fly Raptors 30, 50 and 60 for the reasons stated above.

just my two cents.
alex--
Old 11-02-2002, 08:21 AM
bronicabill
My Feedback: (30)

I have been flying a Raptor 30 for several years now and have had zero problems with it! It is mostly stock configuration except for the BB upgrade, an OS 32-H engine, header tank, and fiberglass blades. I have no idea how many gallons of fuel have gone through this thing now, but I do know I've never had a clutch failure on it, or anything else for that matter! The only failure I had was in my brain when I was trying to learn autorotations with wooden blades... chopped the danged tailboom right off! :-)

Bill R.
AMA 16192
Old 11-02-2002, 08:23 AM
bronicabill
My Feedback: (30)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bronicabill
[B]I have been flying a Raptor 30 for several years now and have had zero problems with it! It is mostly stock configuration except for the BB upgrade, an OS 32-H engine, header tank, and fiberglass blades. >

I forgot to mention one other MAJOR mod... I took that ugly Raptor canopy and flung it as far as my arm could fling, then I installed a JR Ergo 40 canopy on it. It is simply beautiful to look at now, and the Ergo canopy mounted quite nicely with barely any modification to make it fit!

Bill R.
AMA 16192
Old 11-13-2002, 09:20 PM
patternfly

I have been flying heli's for about a year and a half now, I've started with a Raptor 30 in the beginning I've had allot of problems, once I came across a web site that was full of "raptor bashing" after seeing how "big" of a problem the machine was I gave up and went with nexus 30 heli, it was a descent heli but nothing like the raptor, I still had some problems - tail shaking, links popping off in flight etc. after learning about caliber 30 I went for it, had problems too ;( after all that I finally got some brains and asked for advice from some experienced pilots, one even helped me dig out my rappy and put it back together, it is still flying and it's about 20 gallons later, so does my other raptor that I've assembled all by myself you get my point right?
Old 11-13-2002, 09:23 PM
stevenyc1

Patternfly-

if u ever decide to try another 30 size heli for kicks- give the Quick 30 a shot- it's awesome!

(the Hawk Sport is supposed to be super as well)
Old 11-13-2002, 09:46 PM
patternfly

I will, but first I've got my eyes and (the wallet) set on Hirobo Skidoo
Old 11-25-2002, 03:58 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

I love my 3 raptors (2 30's, and one 60) ... You always hear the bad things more often than the good things with any product. Everything has problems here and there, and it's the problems that everyone focuses on, and writes about... hence the pages upon pages of issues.

They're cheap (relatively), fly really nice when set up right, and very aerobatic when you get to that point in learning. Just my thought anyway.

deck
Old 12-04-2002, 01:05 AM
flyinglow
My Feedback: (2)

Raptor .50 - flew great right out of the box. Had a couple of problems with the quality of the engine. But once those were ironed out it was fine with plenty of power. Obviously not the top of the line chopper, bit a lot of bang for the buck and much stronger then my Nexus.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:45 AM
richclausen-delete

Default Thumbs up for Raptor V2

Hi

I have the Raptor 30 V2. She is just great. Quite a few flights now and she is just purring away. Great hellie & highly recomended IMO.

Cheers all

Richard Clausen
(Hong Kong)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	39497_20954.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	17830  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.