Search
Notices

TT39 quitting in flight..

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Ramz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT39 quitting in flight..

I have a brand spaking new TT39 in a 30 V2 however the engine is always abruptly quitting in flight. It doesn't bog or give any hint that it's gonna quit...it just suddenly dies. I was trying to break the motor in last night with some low hovering but I was only able to hover for about 20 seconds before it would die. It starts really great and idles fine, but it just doesn't want to stay at high rpm. I am running CP15%, Hangar 9 super plug and a MP2. I tried changing plugs to a OS8, but it was still the same problem. I am going to try it without a fuel filter again today and see if it makes a difference (perhaps the filter was plugged). I've been tuning glow engines for 10 years so I have a good idea of where to look but I'm wondering if anybody else has had this problem. Maybe it's somethign really simple that I am over looking. The motor doesn't have any more than 3 or 4 minutes on it. The needle settings as as per the book.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:48 AM
WhtBronco

Default RE: TT39 quitting in flight..

Have you checked the fuel lines? The stock in tank clunk line is junk. Also make sure the muffler pressure tap is connected properly, and remember helis like to run rich.

If that doesn't take carfe of it pull the carb apart and make sure it's clean and the needles are smooth.

Try it without the fuel filter, but certainly replace it if it improves performance.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:07 PM
gamerboy08046
My Feedback: (10)

I had the same problem with mine and I changed all the tank lines to medium dubro lines and I riched both the high and low end needles and it runs like a champ
Old 11-04-2006, 09:53 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How hot is it getting? I just cooked an OS and it was doing the same thing. It was getting huge hot for some reason. I kept calling great planes and discussing the excessive temp and they said it will run where it runs. Well, it did, right up till the piston exploded.

Check to make sure it is not too hot. They quit quick when that happens. Make sure your not lean or something like that, and your airflow is unrestricted.