Notices

Broken TT50 main bearing.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 11:16 PM
flyingchef
My Feedback: (93)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Broken TT50 main bearing.

After starting loosing some power the main bearing in my Raptor 50 engine broke. I'm just finishing my third gallon of fuel and this has been my first dead stick landing, lucky me, I did break it. Anyway, It came to my attention that has been a common problem with this engine. Any feed back on replacement parts or upgrades? Anyone use Bocca bearing unstead (I use them in my DF). Any contact with TT regarding this problem?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Bruno
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	56951_4447.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	35670  
Old 02-21-2003, 12:35 AM
Bluto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you bought the engine from a US dealer then Ace will repair it for free, I think they said they have a 3 year warranty.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:29 AM
stop_the_spam

Wow! That exact same thing happened to me.. The retainer ring broke away just like your picture! One of the engine guru's at my field fixed it for me.. Not sure what bearing he replaced it with, but he said it was a better quality bearing from a bearing house.

Mine blew out after about 20 tanks...

Adrian
Old 02-22-2003, 02:52 AM
flyingchef
My Feedback: (93)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ace Customer support

I want to let everyone know that Ace was very caring and offered to repair or replace the engine.
It seems that this has been happening to many Raptor's owners so please comment of the problem(s) your runned into with your TT50 pro. and how you got it resolved.
Also has anyone has upgraded his TT50 pro with Bocca bearings?
Thanks
Old 02-22-2003, 04:12 AM
goboom
My Feedback: (2)

Just got my tt50 back from Ace serv dept they acknowledged the problem with the rear bearing cage.And they replaced the rear bearing,piston/ring/wrist pin and liner all covered under warranty.The other parts were replaced due to subsequent damage caused by the failed bearing. You can't ask for better service than that in my opinion.