Search
Notices

600mm blades

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:00 PM
USMC2111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600mm blades

I'm just about out of options with blades. After i cracked a set of TT 600mm blades, i tried to get some more, but no one has them. I have looked for radix and V Blades as well. The only thing i have found is NHP at my hobbyshop. I wasn't really impressed with them because they are solid black. I lot of the video's and pictures that i see of some pro pilots are flying either V Blades or Radix. Of the ones i see flying V blades, they all seem to have some kind of white (maybe reflective) sticker on the tips of the blades, top and bottom. Is this something they get added on from the factory that is under the protective coating, or is this something they add on themselves right on top of the blade? If it's something they have added, where do i get it?

If anyone knows where i can find a set of TT, Vblade, or Radix, please let me know! Everyone that i have checked is sold out of these blades!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:40 PM
WhtBronco

Default RE: 600mm blades

Andy can correct me on this, but IIRC V Blades have the reflective strips molded into the blade.

Heck HeliProz has only their Pro G4 blades in 600mm other than wood. Must be a lot of busted 50 size helis out there.

V Blades is offering a free set of paddles with the purchase of 600mm blades, $115. [link]http://www.vblades.com[/link]
Old 05-04-2007, 05:24 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can add your own tape just remember to balance the blades. You can buy tape here:
http://www.readyheli.com/Reflective_...ape_chrome.htm
Old 05-04-2007, 06:07 AM
perfectstorm2440

Trying to upgrade my 30 to a 50 and cant find the blades i want i like the tt but everyone is out
Old 05-04-2007, 06:29 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 354 Likes on 284 Posts

The VBlades have flash strips molded in.

Radix blades sell out quick so if you see them in stock you'd better order them!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:58 AM
cleverhorse

Where's chester Va?
Old 05-04-2007, 09:18 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Near Richmond. We are gonna be up near you in a few weeks. If nothing else you can watch a lot of cool helicopters fly.
Details at http://www.flymha.com

Bring your AMA card and machine, Saturday May 19 is dedicated to getting people set up. Come on out and have some fun! Free food and no registration. While your at it, hang around for 2 more weeks and come to the MHA fun Fly!
Old 05-04-2007, 02:18 PM
GravityWorks

hello there, helihobby has v-blades for 64.20 and they also have a cheaper CF/GF blade for 36.95, here is the link[link]http://helihobby.com/html/heli_blades.html[/link]hope this helps.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:48 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 354 Likes on 284 Posts

Just an FYI but those 60 dollar blades are NOT VBlades, the TRex blades, which ARE real VBlades cost that much.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:26 PM
USMC2111

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

The VBlades have flash strips molded in.

Radix blades sell out quick so if you see them in stock you'd better order them!
Are you sure? If you go to heliproz website, and look at the picture of the VBlades, they dont show a flash strip on it. Just the little sticker near the root. I went out and flew with he NHP's today. They arent terrible. I'd say they fly maybe just a little more aggresive than my TT blades did. They are a lot noisier too. I just wish i could see the darn things. Once i get to spinning at 1500 and up, they dissappear! But they do fly good. Thanks for all the replies, but no one has any of the blades that i wanted. Another forum i posted (getting a raptor 60) someone suggested looking up a hobby shop in chicago. On their site, it says they are in stock, but when i called, they didnt have anything. I guess these NHP's will have to do for now. Maybe i can put some of that chrome tape Dabiandog was talking about on them.