Search
Notices

Align RCE-B6N BEC Users?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:56 PM
mxracerx43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Align RCE-B6N BEC Users?

Hello everyone, I saw this unit in the new RC heli magazine. They show it on Erich Stolz Trex 600N. It is an Align 2-in-1 RCE-B6N BEC.
It is a regulator and comes with a Lipo rec pack. ANd what I really like is it has an autoglow feature. I think Barracuda Hockey mentioned he is using one in an earlier post. Anyone else using this? How is it working? How long of a flight times is the 1900mah lipo giving with 4 digital servos? What kind of setup is the Autoglow? Will it last longer than the normal glow extensions? Last where can I find one? I have looked on a ton of Trex sites and no luck. Approx price? And if anyone has one who can post some pics. Thanks
Old 08-27-2007, 02:42 PM
fritzthecat
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Align RCE-B6N BEC Users?

Esprit Models has them.
http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=5960

Works fine. Economical alternative to the Fromeco Arizona regulator. Although I prefer using the Fromeco Lion batteries as Rx batteries since they are metal cased.
I go with a safe estimate of 500mah used per flight so I'd recharge after 3 flights with the Lipo. You can get Fromeco 4800mah Lion and fly 8 times at least.

Fritz
Old 08-27-2007, 02:43 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

Ditto. 4 flights, enough for me to call it a day.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:53 PM
soop7667

I want one!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:19 PM
mxracerx43

Fritzthecat Thanks for the link. I searched for at least 45 mins trying to find a website with the BEC. What type of end are they using for the glow plug? I am guessing you will not be able to replace it if it becomes damaged. Also will I check the voltage with a standar ESV? Barracuda are you trusting the included voltage display or are you using an external meter? I am a voltage checking nut, I have to check it before and after every flight. I would hate to have a crash due to a low battery. Last thing is that they are recommending it be mounted at least 2 inches from the receiver. Seems like a proble on a Raptor where do I mount this thing? I have seen some Arizona Regulators mounted on the side of the frames but I like to keep a clean look and keep it in the canopy to avoid cras damage.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:50 PM
BarracudaHockey

The reg is under the servo frame. Then the battery then the rx. No issues yet.

The glow plug is two wires, one with a round lug I mounted to the engine mount and the other has a complicated mechanisim with a rubber boot that looks just like an aligator clip

I checked it with a meter the first couple weekends I flew it but the lights have been right on so as long as I have green lights I dont worry about it.

Its nice tapping the button, hitting the heli with the starter and walking out to the line.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:35 PM
ghtracey

You can also get them at Grand RC [link=http://www.grandrc.com/inc/sdetail/88836]with[/link] or [link=http://www.grandrc.com/inc/sdetail/84155]without[/link] the battery, in case you would rather use a battery more like [link=http://www.grandrc.com/inc/sdetail/60058]this[/link] for a little extra flying time.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:05 PM
soop7667

ORIGINAL: soop7667

I want one!
I GOT ONE!! Picked one up a couple weeks ago and I got it for $40.00 with no battery. That was at a hobby shop that I typically see some higher than average pricing on items. I put on a 4000MaH Li-Po from Flight Power. The Flight Power Battery is 2P-2S, and it has two set's of power leads and a balance lead on it as well. I took a damaged e-flite Lipo that I had laying around and stole the plug from it, installed it on one of the power leads and used that to connect to the Align BEC, the other lead I use for charging - I don't have a balancer at this time. The "Flight Power" battery pack is specifically designed for use with BEC regulators on RX's. The complete BEC and Battery together weighed 3 Oz. less than my 5 cell 2700 Mah Ni-Cad. Last Sunday I put in 8 flights at the field and another two later on that day on my Raptor Titan running all digital HiTec servos and I was still in the green.

Overall - I am very satisfied and impressed. I used to cringe when I saw my volt-watch drop a light every flight, and really bad when I got near yellow. With this unit - I have absolutely no fear of it. With my Ni-Cad I used to see the volt-watch flicker every time I moved my servo's around - With this unit - It's rock solid green at all times. The auto glow feature is awesome. You should of seen the look on everyones faces when I pulled out my shaft starter and fired it up with no glow driver. I left my old remote glow adapter on for back-up in case something went wrong, but I think I'll soon take it off because I'm pretty confident with this unit after having used it extensively with no problems. Last week I had a glow plug burn out (Finally) and the lights on the unit indicated immediately what the problem was.

Five Stars from me! Great Value, and worth every penny. I have the Lipo on the front RX Tray, the regulator banded to the underside, and beleive it or not, I have my AR7000 RX mounted in the empty Tail Servo Slot. Fit's perfectly.

I'll include some pics soon.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:53 AM
ghtracey

Glad to hear you're so happy with it. I was looking at them yesterday contemplating ordering one for my Titan, which runs Hitec digital servos. They were a little hard to find information on, seems not a lot of people use them. I thought it looked like an awesome idea. As for a charger/balancer, I was thinking of getting the [link=http://www.grandrc.com/inc/sdetail/66740]e-Station BC6[/link] which combines both and can discharge and storage charge Li batteries and cycle Ni batteries. Not much more a person could ask for unless they had to charge large (more than 5S or 6S) batteries.

What I need to know is if I need the 5.1V stepdown regualtor for my S9254 tail servo or not. I think I do, since the Regulator shows 5.8V output, but I wanted to make sure.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:07 AM
ghtracey

Hmmm seems that there's a new version coming out the RCE-B6T ([link=http://www.thetrexforums.com/index.php?topic=1592.210]a little info here, not much though[/link]) that is more resistant to fuel and such. BH, you ever have problems with fuel on yours?

Here's the [link=http://www.align.com.tw/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1938]Align Product Page[/link]
Old 10-03-2007, 11:12 AM
BarracudaHockey

No problems with fuel and such, its up in the nose under the servo tray, the switch is next to the needle valve on the frames.

Yes you need to run a step down between the gyro and tail servo.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:26 AM
ghtracey

Thanks for the info BH. So, even though I shudder at the thought of putting Align parts on my Raptor, I guess I'll order one up. :P