Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Raptor 30 V2 and TT header tank....

Greetings all,

I have a new Raptor .30 V2, and love it lots. I flew a V1 last year, and it was a good ship. This one is GREAT !!!

I have it built and flying with an OS .32 and Weston pipe on 15% Cool Power. Plenty of power. Here is the question:

I used a 2 oz header tank on my V1, (Hayes tank with the after market aluminum mount), and liked the consistent engine runs. I received a header tank with my V2, that is the TT version.

1) The bracket is greatly larger than the tank. No big deal, a little silicon sealant will fix that...

2) Where do you mount this thing? There is an extra boss on the right side frame that could be used I suppose... but it appears to be too low and too far forward for a clean tubing run... Or, the same hole as I used on the V1 looks to be out, as the tank hits the wider section of the V2 frames and/or the boom support ends. Would one of the aftermarket mounts solve this? Should I make a bushing to hold it out from the frame?

All suggestions appreciated. Pictures GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Raptor 30 V2 and TT header tank....

Here is how I mounted mine.
    Hope this helps. Up here in Canada we get a plastic mount with the tank.
    Just a quick point. Make sure you replace the original in tank fuel line that comes with heli.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65738_25130.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	40116