Notices

New addittion to the family

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 01:19 AM
l0n3i200n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New addittion to the family

HI all

My very first post. I'm planning to make the step-up from electric to nitro. I've contacted a bloke selling a JS30: Compl with Sanwa RD6000S radio, gyro and the lot. I'm not sure which gyro it has on yet ( details still to be provided , but over the phone the bloke said it was a GWS one ). The price is very reasonable an thus my reason for planing to buy it. The bloke said that most parts of this heli is of Raptor 30, and since the Raptor spares in SA is easy to find it sounded like a very good deal.

I'm not a very experienced pilot, still pretty much a strugler with the electic one. I have the Falcon 3D, and can bearly hover it.

I would like to know more about this heli and would bit be a good starter for me?

thanks
l0n3i200n
Old 11-30-2007, 10:27 AM
soop7667

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New addittion to the family

The larger the heli the more stable. You'll want to take care to make sure you understand how to tune the engine so it's not too lean. You'll have a lot of learning to do with it, but I'd suggest that if you can barely hover your electric heli, you take more time to aquaint yourself with heli flight before you attempt to fly the raptor. It's a lot larger, and a lot more dangerous. You'll want to really keep yourself at a good distance, because if you get hit with a heli of this size and weight, it's definately not going to be pretty. Chek out www.raptortechnique.com There's a lot of information about these heli's on that site.