Notices

Extra Parts! Oh the joy.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:01 PM
ftjets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extra Parts! Oh the joy.

I am but days away from firing up the new 90 (just waiting on fuel and the updated tail rotor hub) and regardless of all the warnings in the manual and my own personal mechanical knowledge, there are extra parts. Not just the shim washers for the tail rotor gears or the shims for the tail rotor drive that were not needed, but an extra frame spacer in the small size and an extra ball link. I hope that i am not the only one to enjoy this situation. I have a very long background professionally in mechanical skills and i have double checked the assembly procedures step by step to find where they may have been missed but all parts have been verified as installed. The frame spacer does not have threads as all of the others had. As i have seen stated recently in this forum, i will get the oddball kit. Don't worry soop, i'll be hovering in the back yard before bringing it to the field just in case.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Big feet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra Parts! Oh the joy.

Hi xviper,
I know the feeling, I had an extra ball link in my Titan kit, along with a few other screws.
I did the same thing, I went over each and every step again a number of times until I was happy I didn't miss anything important. (like the head bolt!!)
I went with the push pull collective and tail boom servo mount, perhaps the other bits are for the optional configeration.
Either way, I have over 4 gallons through her and all is well. She is checked regularly, and I have fitted some new parts, like a regulator and upgraded the tail hub, so I am happy I didn't make a mistake, but it did cause me a momentary panic.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:53 PM
soop7667

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra Parts! Oh the joy.

Don't worry soop, i'll be hovering in the back yard before bringing it to the field just in case.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I had exra patrs in my Titan Kit as well, plenty of extra ball links, balls, screws, etc. Besides that, someone with your mechanical background isn't likely to miss something, especially when you've got a step by step manual.

I had a great time flying today - really been progressing, today I did my first backwards loops, and some nice looking long tic-tocs - (Going far forward, and backward between transitioning) It was a lot of fun! I also did some rolls while vertical in stall turns. Some day I want to be able to do anything with it immaginable.