Search
Notices

raptor confusion...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:18 PM
panzertank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor confusion...

my hobby store says to stay away from thunder tiger. however i see many people who have them and are happy with them. what are the problems that would make people turn away from thunder tiger and its raptors? or is it just my hobby store trying to sell me their own helis.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:22 PM
soop7667

Default RE: raptor confusion...

It's the hobby store. The Raptor series of Heli's from thunder Tiger has been out there for at least the past 10 years. Over that time they've refined on their design with new versions. My first Nitro heli was a Raptor Titan 50, and I love it - I've still yet to switch to somet5hing else. One thing is for sure, the TT Raptor Heli's are easily upgradable, have lot's of parts availability, and are very good Heli's. For the life of me, I can't figure out why that hobby shop would steer you away from a TT Raptor, unless they're trying to manipulate you for $$$.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:12 AM
wagspe208
My Feedback: (1)

Ditto....hobby shop issue, not a raptor issue.
Wags
Old 12-07-2007, 01:52 AM
mxracerx43

Run don't walk out of that hobby shop. Curious, what brand where they trying to sell you?
Old 12-07-2007, 08:40 AM
wiz310

Definitely hobby shop trouble. I have a 50SE and a 90SE. aint nothing wrong with TT's products. (Apart from the tail hubs.......fixed with another TT part though)
Old 12-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: mxracerx43

Run don't walk out of that hobby shop. Curious, what brand where they trying to sell you?
I want to know the answer to this question. There is definitely a hidden agenda behind the hobby shop actions. I own a 50V2 (by now is comparable to an SE) and a 90V2 (by now is comparable to a 90-3D).

Rafael
Old 12-07-2007, 10:35 AM
elecfly

Hobby shop , cant live with them and cant live without them!

They prob trying to sell you a kyosho.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:28 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Thats pretty funny. The only thing even close to the popularity of the Raptor the last several years has been the Trex600 and it remains to be seen how well they hang on.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:38 PM
panzertank

jr and Align helis mostly. thanks for clearing up my question, much appreciated
Old 12-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Jamming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hobby shop Bull, The TT line of heli's are if not the most reliable and popular 3-D or scale mechanics available...Parts upgrades are easy to find just look at www.heliproz.com and if you find a hobby shop that says there bad there not very educated about RC Heli's and dont have a clue...If they are indeed selling Kyosho dont buy one you will be 6 weeks trying to get parts...
Old 12-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: panzertank

jr and Align helis mostly. thanks for clearing up my question, much appreciated

As of right now, the Trex 600 is gaining a lot of ground when compared to the Raptor 50. So if they are pushing a TRex 600, they are not completely wrong.

JR helis. Unless you go for the Vibe (?), the other helicopters left much to be expected. Everybody that I know that has a 30/50 JR helicopter is trying to sell it (Venture/Voyager). Repair parts cost can be quite expensive. JR Ergo 30/60/Gasser were discontinued a long time ago.

But to tell you to stay away from the Raptor, that is pure madness!

Rafael
Old 12-08-2007, 07:43 PM
mxracerx43

I have an eye on a 600N but I am not sure, think I will wait until at least midsummer and see how they are still holding up, that and the old heli budget is still tapped.[:@]
Just a guess but maybe they are aving a hard time settig up an account with ACE (US distibuter) we had a great local guy close due to retirement and I tried some other places
but all complained about ACE being hard to deal with. I have a local place o get parts now but they do not stock any and are overpriced. Maybe the distributor left a bad taste in there mouth and it is really nothing about the helicopters themselves?