Notices

Raptor 30 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Thos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30 upgrade

Hi guys,
I purchased an OS 50 SX Hyper some time ago in anticipation of my Pro 39h giving up the ghost, which it has done so. I since purchased, on the advice of members on this site, the appropriate pinion gear, main drive gear and metal cooling fan so as to prevent overspeed. My question is this, I have my stock .30 blades as well as a pair of carbon ones. Am I alright to use these or should I use longer blades. Also what of the tail blades, do they need to be longer. I read on the advert for the upgrade kit that you can keep the .30 boom for hot dogging, which I want to do as I've purchased an Airwolf body for the Rappy 30.
Thanks.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:40 AM
evilhorse

Default RE: Raptor 30 upgrade

you need the 50 size blades they are 600MM, you will overrev the heck out of the 550's.
Running the longer blades you need the tail boom/belt to go with it, also the tail blades.
also suggest getting the aluminum frame spacers because the .50 will stress the frame more.
Long story short, do the 50 conversion.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:02 AM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Raptor 30 upgrade

For a 50 you should use 600mm to 620mm blades. Where you read about using the "short boom for hot dogging", that is not the 30 boom. There are 2 size 50 booms, the v-2 boom, which was made for 600mm blades and the Titan boom, which was extended a bit for 620mm blades. Tail blades are the same, you'll need gears, a belt and engine mount.