Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Raptor 39V2 with Gasoline Fuel

ok, I mixed some fuel and standard peg oil (basically motor oil) at a 40% oil. And the engine cranked right up. So what I noticed was the needle had to be taken to about 1 1/4 turn out from full in. the temps were a little warm (finger on back plate test) But the power from the engine was Incredible. It spools up very nicely. and cranks easily. Tomorrow I am going to increase the oil amount. I am hoping this will let me run the main needle out a little more (for more oil in the mix) and in turn make it run cooler. The engine seems to run even stronger with the needle at one turn out. But will crank with it as far out as 3 full turns. However at 3 turns out it barley runs. So all in all I am excited. I am quite sure this would work with regular 93/95 octane pump gas and a thin standard motor oil. the only bad thing is, it smokes more and makes a bigger oil mess. So I will be fabing a diverter.
    Raptor 30 V2
    Futaba 9C Super

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Keep us informed. I have gasser helis I run on coleman fuel. I wonder how that would work in a nitro motor?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm really interested in this - keep me informed. I have a TT39 I'd like to try on gas/oil mix, since we seem to have a hard time getting nitro fuel (only think I can fly are my electrics - or drive 100 miles for a $40 gallon bottle of 30% Cool-Power).

May try it out this weekend.

Mark
    http://www.vmpflyers.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

More info!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

EXCUTE ME I NO SPEEK ENGLISH. HIMMMMM.......NOW THEN.
    Hi I AND THAI LOCOST RC CONVERTER GAS CLUB BY "COLONEL. NEW " AND BBULDOC Live TO THAILAND
    THE PROJECT IT EASY AND HOTPOPPULA IN THAILAND
    MY TEACHER AND MASTER IS " COLONEL. NEW",BBULDOC AND THAI RC LOCOST FRIEND WE ARE FREE THE PROJECT FROME ALL RC FRIENDS IN THAILAND
    WELCOM TO
    surats52@hotmail.com
    http://www.rcthai.net/forum/forumdis...d.php?t=239538
    http://www.rcthai.net/forum/showthread.php?t=253204
    http://www.rcthailand.net/webboard/i...opic=670.11500

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THAI LOW COST RC CLUB.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello everyone,

Sorry its been a while since i gave an up-date. I have ordered a temp gun should have it tommorw. From what I can tell my biggest problem is the mix. I have tried several and they all run hot. I am trying to get some diffrent types of oil but thats not so easy out here. So far my best mix has been 60% fuel 40% oil. Great power but it stil gets to hot. I tried 50-50 and no power still hot. I am going to chart the temps with the temp gun when I get it to get a better idea of whats going on. When i get some more information I will post it.
    Raptor 30 V2
    Futaba 9C Super

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys - very interesting thread as saving money these days is good in any way.

I was wondering though why no-one has tried a diesel engine in a heli - run it on parrafin or kerosene as you guys call it!!

Diesels are very torquey motors so they would hold the rotor head rpm constant much more readily...

Has anyone tried running a glow motor on kero? It is naturally oily fuel so you would probably not need so much oil.

The other side of the coin is long term engine damage - I mean like increasing the heat/stress operating conditions of the running parts of the glo engines...any comments on this aspect.

If I take the current exchange rate I am paying about USD32 per five litres of 15% morgan green fuel. The TT Raptor 39 seems to fly for about 20 mins on a tank full of fuel although being a beginner at heli's I am not doing much more than hovering exercises with the occasional small tail in square or circle!

Five litres of 95 ULP would cost arond USD 4.50 and the oil about USD 3.00 - so the use of alternate fuel makes sense but not at the cost of short engine life!!!

I only need to drive about 10 miles to buy the glo fuel so access not a prob for me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is what I just found. Converted O.S. 32 using Davis Diesel on a Raptor 30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htYWToUAeRA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoeCVfqSp7s

Is there any new updates on the fuel mix?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123