Notices

R90 ADVICE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R90 ADVICE!

I have just finished construction of a Raptor 90 Pro 3D. I'm putting in the electronics now. I can boom mount the tail servo and have pull-pull collective. If I put the tail servo up front then I can't use the pull-pull.

My question is, which is more important the pull-pull, or keeping the servo out of the oil. I have been flying the Titan 50 for 2 years without problems with the tail servo on the boom. I keep an eye on it and keep it clean. I don't use pull-pull collective but it is a lot smaller heli.

Do I need the pull-pull on the 90?

Old 03-01-2009, 12:13 PM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: R90 ADVICE!

You don't need the pull-pull but it is easier on the servo to have it since you balance out the load. The tail servo on the boom does get nasty but if you keep it clean you shouldn't have a problem. I have 2 90 S.E's with the pull-pull and tail servo on the boom and haven't had a problem. I built one about 2 years ago and bought the other used a couple years ago with the servo already on the boom.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: R90 ADVICE!

Thanks Bad, guess I better go for protecting the collective servo. Seems like that will be easiest anyway.