Search
Notices

Some issues with my R50 Titan help is appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Sarosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some issues with my R50 Titan help is appreciated

So spring has started here, Got my titan out for first time but i did some tweaking to the pitch and throttle to get it nicely setup. its all good i guess for that part.

Now the 1st issues, i have GY401 and the tail at hover keeps slowly go to the left when im standing behind it. Nothing has been changed for the gyro setup itself and the tx setup. it was fine last season. What causes it to do this?

2nd thing, what causes high pitch vibrations? The heli spools up nicely, hovers nicely still have not got it tweaked to hover stable without having to make any stick adjustments yet. There are no visual vibrations except for the hortizonal stablizer you can see the left part of it is vibrating high pitched about 1 inch! I havent gotten the tracking set yet, the tracking is a little off. I dont think that causes high pitch vibrations doesnt it?

3rd issue, the tail boom keeps loosening up and the belt gets loose and starts to eat up the pulley. This is the 3rd time this has happened since i bought and built it. I just really tightened the bolt as tight as i could just now. WIll try again tomorrow, its dark. I suspect the high pitch vibrations is causing that to get loosened up.

Everything is stock.

OS 50 SX-H
Futaba GY401 with S9254 servo
3 S53157 servo
Mavrick 600mm wood blades balanced
Cool Power 15%
Futaba T6EXHP

this is the tx setup i got using -4,3,9 pitch setup in normal mode
TH 16, 30, 45, 50, 80. It was set at 40 for mid but hovers above center stick, so i moved it to 45 and it hovers at center stick now.
Pitch 13, 22, 32, 42, 54

its about 45ish degrees outside, and the engine seemed hot i could touch the head for about 2 maybe 3 seconds before it was unbearable to touch.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:36 PM
clogger

Default RE: Some issues with my R50 Titan help is appreciated

Hi I can only help maybe with the first problem, you may have set the gyro up in mid summer? these babes are somewhat sensitive to temperature change, you should set it up again or maybe the problem lies with your tail boom moving, make sure the boom is secure because if the boom moves the link rod to the tail rotor with be wrong causing the drift to the left. I had this problem with an Esky Honey Bee King2 I installed the hh GY401 gyro thinking it would do everything only for the heli to pirouette left from lift off. I moved the tail servo down the boom and hey presto steady as a rock.

As for the tracking bolt the heli down firmly and spool up to see the tracking of both the flybar and the blades. The double link can be checked (part no BV0085) to maybe adjust the pitch to even up the blades and then the longer pushrods to correct tracking no!

Hope this helps.

Nigel
Old 04-12-2009, 06:21 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

If you're having a vibration problem thats probably your gyro problem.

High freqnecy vibrations (blurred fin tips) are normally either tail rotor, fan or clutch.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Sarosh

I found my tail rotor shaft bent, just got done replacing it, tightened the boom mount on the frame tight as i could. hopefully it works. going to try it out right now, and get tracking set.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

For your boom problem, slipping into the boom mount and loosening the belt, I had the same problem. Pull out the tail boom, wrap cellophane tape around it and it will hold. It took just one turn of tape to solve my problem.

There may be two causes. 1. the tail boom is slick and slides due to the lack of friction. 2. The tail boom may be slightly undersized in dia. or the boom mount may be a little oversized. Either of these can can be manufactured a little out of spec.. You might check while you have it apart to see if oil from the exhaust has gotten into the mount

Hope this helps,
Old 04-14-2009, 06:53 PM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

Do not bolt the heli down to check tracking!!

Fix the vibration and tracking problems first then get your tail boom problem fixed, then you will be able to properly adjust your tail and gyro.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:48 PM
white pulsss

Bolt the heli down.... must be crazy! badazzbusa is right dont bolt it down..... that method might work for some smaller electric helis but definetly not for a nitro, way to dangerous.
Get it into a hover to check the tracking!