R 30 W/ os 46 bogging really bad

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:29 PM
racelikustolit3k
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R 30 W/ os 46 bogging really bad

hey fellas,

I have an R 30 with an os fx-h 46 spinnin some 550 glass blades.. I am new to the heli market, but have a ton of sim time and I have been flyin planes for quite some time so, I'm not that big of a newb..

question is..... one my third flight EVER.. I started getting crazy LOOPS, ROLLS, INVERTED, TICS, you name it.. but for the life of me, I can't keep this head speed up.. I mean its so bad that coming out of a hard loop the tail blows out.. scary YEAH !!!!

I have a general knowledge of how to set one up.. I have only had the heli for like 5 hours.. I figured the 46 would be a monster for a pair of 550's

do I have to much pitch ??

yes the engine is sloppy rich.... I am running CY 30%.. never temped the motor but after shutdown I can grab the head with no problem

what do you HELI guys think ???????????

thanks RACE
Old 04-12-2010, 10:31 PM
racelikustolit3k

Default RE: R 30 W/ os 46 bogging really bad

NEW TOY
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52346.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1417220  
Old 04-13-2010, 03:58 AM
Charlie

If it's a good strong motor it can only be a few things, your running way to much pitch, your throttle curves aren't set right or your running to rich, those would be a good place to start.

on my third flight EVER.. I started getting crazy LOOPS, ROLLS, INVERTED, TICS, you name it.. but for the life of me, I can't keep this head speed up..
Very impressive for only flying three times.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 AM
racelikustolit3k

thanks charlie,,

yes this little motor has to be strong.. when I flip it into idle up 2.. near the 0* pitch, when the head unloads.. it really gets those blades hummin..

so I am gunna run to the hobby shop here in a few and grab a TT pitch gauge.. I set this thing up like my planes ALL I COULD GET on the throws.. without any binding in the swash.. so your right I guess I have way to much pitch

I will get a flying video up soon

thanks RACE