Notices

Buy a Raptor 50 Titan 600$?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:41 PM
docdangerous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy a Raptor 50 Titan 600$?

Howdy folks!

This is my first post to the forums,Iwould like to say hello toeveryone out there! Idropped in cause i am looking to enter the hobby and have a bit of a situation/decision i need help with.

Iam in conversation with a gentleman that is looking to sell me a Raptor 50, completely fitted, with a DX7 remote. He sent me a video of his buddy flying it (he flies planes himself, which is why he is looking to sell) and even offered me an open invitation to join his club. It all seems legit, but in my research a typical starter kit for this model would almost be double not including the remote, so i am a bit nervous as Idon't know what to look for.

My main concerns are, do you think this deal is to good to be true? Is there anything i should ask, check, or be cautious about? Most importantly, is this a good heli for me to learn?

Much appreciated for all the feedback!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:50 AM
Gavin2407

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buy a Raptor 50 Titan 600$?

Hi Docdangerous

Firstly. WELCOME to the highly addictive world of RC.
Secondly, Yes the Raptor 50 is an excellent Heli to "learn" on as it is very stable once setup up correctly and spares are relatively cheap.
$600 seems almost to good to be true but remember that buying a heli on the second hand market is always going to be cheaper that buying from you LHS. It also depends on specs, condition and age on the heli being sold. One does have to be careful when buying second hand, especially if you are new to this hobby. Buyer could tell you anything and you'll believe every word. Ask the seller if you could have the heli checked out by someone at your local flying field if possible. Do lots and lots of research. A great site is www.raptortechnique.com. This forum also has very knowledgeable people that will assist you.

Cheers
Gavin
Old 05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Buy a Raptor 50 Titan 600$?

Sounds like a good deal but there's a number of version of the Raptor 50 so which version, and how its equipped (engine, gyro, servos) are directly related to how much it's worth.

If its a Thunder Tiger engine with DS821 servos then I would say its an OK deal at best depending on which version the airframe is. If it's a Titan or SE with 9452's and a 611 gyro then its an awesome deal.