Notices

Raptor 50v2 Guide Pulley replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 01:01 AM
adslparts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 50v2 Guide Pulley replacement

Hi,
My last crash damaged my boom and pushed it into the main gear and broke a few teeth and also damaged the auto rotation pulley which I will replace. I noticed a small crack on the edge of one of the red guide pullys and was wondering if I could let it go. I'm changing the belt for good measure. It was quite mangled. I'm not a big 3D flyer but do occasionally beat it up. My other question is, to replace these pullys, do I have to totally disassemble the frame or is there a trick to it? Crap, this going to be my third parts order if I need to replace them. Wish I had done some research first. Still haven't figured out how to get out my mangled flybar from the metal head

Thx!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:26 AM
AviationNut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Raptor 50v2 Guide Pulley replacement

That pulley is spinning quite quickly, so I'd replace it if it is cracked. I'm sorry but I'm not aware of a shortcut on replacing it myself...maybe someone else has an idea? That is a very unusual part to have to replace - I've never replaced either of mine in 8 years (ok, I just jinxed myself , knock on wood!).
Old 06-29-2010, 03:33 AM
Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still haven't figured out how to get out my mangled flybar from the metal head
Cut it off on one side close to the head with a drumel and it should pull right out.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When the belt is slack, you can push the pulleys into the frames and they will pop off. No need to disassemble the frames.

Rafael