RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Thunder Tiger - Raptor 30, 50, 60, 90 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/thunder-tiger-raptor-30-50-60-90-218/)
-   -   Raptor G2 Trans Settings (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/thunder-tiger-raptor-30-50-60-90-218/5508296-raptor-g2-trans-settings.html)

bobafet100 03-04-2007 12:29 PM

Raptor G2 Trans Settings

Hello,
I recently bought an Exceed Raptor G2 and have inadevertently misplaced the rear transmitter settings while trying to figure out if my battery was dying (long story). The defauts in the owners manula are errant. Now I cannot get the thing off the ground after multiple changes. Can anybody relay what the defualt normal (non aerobatic) settings are?
As it stands mine are currently:

1. Elev off- left
2. Aile off- left
3. Thro off-left
4. Rudd on -right
5. Heli off- left
6. Tailc on -right
7. CCPM/Norm off -left
8. Unlock/Lock off- left
9. PIT on -right
10. Gear off- left

Thanks,

[&o]

Sonnet21 01-03-2008 10:15 PM

RE: Raptor G2 Trans Settings

I have the same helicopter and it has these settings upon arrival. It is a WK-0701 radio. I have problems with mine...the main rotor will not turn. Have never even got to fly it and am not having any luck with the folks I bought it from on tech support. If anyone has any ideas let me know as I am new to this. It seems like something has to be broken on the shaft as the motor runs and the tail rotor works.

Thanks,

1. Elev off- left
2. Aile on- Right
3. Thro off-left
4. Rudd on - right
5. Gear on - right
6. Pit on -right
7. Rudd Mix - on right
8 Nor/CCPM - off left
9. CCPM/ ELEV - on right
10. Pit Lock - off left
11. TH-CRV/Exp - off Left
12. Gyro Sens/Rudd Mix - off left

franklinbw36 01-04-2008 01:49 AM

Hey guys, do a search first here on the site in order to get your helis flying again. There are alot of info here that will get you going. Search words: Raptor G2 3D, Raptor G2. Alot of people wont respond to topics that have already been touched on. You will find all the info you need here trust me, I have rebuilt my Raptor off of this site. Bobafet, I'm sorry I couldn't help you, that happen to me as well. So I went and upgraded my transmitter to the Specktrum which cost me like $349. It came with 4 servos and ESC. My only suggestions to you my friend is contact Raidentech.com or Xheli.com to get the Manufacture Settings. Also, the Raptor G2 needs to be upgraded; motor, ESC, and battery. You do that you will get a much better performance out of the raptor.

DT56 01-07-2008 07:58 AM

You may receive more response to your model helicopter questions if you post them in the model helicopter forum.

holbertjosh 01-10-2008 10:53 PM

Is the Raptor G2 a good Heli. I just ordered one, and then I came across this website, I have not read one good thing about the Raptor G2. It's my first Heli should I send it back and go with a diffrent model?

franklinbw36 01-10-2008 11:26 PM

It has it's problems but it can be worked out. The first thing is, DO NOT FEEL LIKE YOUR ALONE! I ordered it to and came across this as well...LOL! The Raptor G2 3D needs to be upgraded to get it to perform well. If your new to 3D flying then your going to have problems just getting it off the ground. The very best suggestion, I can give to you is find members starcop and pat35, they helped me setup my raptor. Things to do

1. Record the radio dip settings in the manual
2. Order a new Brushless Motor & Electric Speed Controller(ESC)

For the love of GOD man, before you go changing the settings and you will! Disconnect the motor! The Raptor is very unpredictable in a newbies hand!

holbertjosh 01-11-2008 09:49 AM

Thanks franklinbw36. My Raptor should be here on Monday. I will let you know how I fare. If you have any tips for setting the raptor up I would love to hear them.

franklinbw36 01-11-2008 05:03 PM

Hey Holbertjosh, I hope that you make out well with it. As I'm putting mines on vacation until I master the art of flying...LOL! I have the 4 channel heli as well and I'm using that until I get comfortable with flying. See the Raptor has so many adjustments that needs to be done. Don't believe RTF which means "Ready To Fly" out of the box. I think they say that just to get people to buy it.

Let me warn you of this right now before you fire the Raptor up! I take it that you have flown the basic helicopters right? If so, you just keep reading this! Here is my experience when my Raptor arrived at the front door a 3 weeks ago. I was excited and was convinced about the RTF. I connected everything, put a fresh battery on and cut everything on. I was in my kitchen, which is big and spacious. Everything was on, but only the blades was moving up and down. I place the remote control down and went over to the helicopter. After I inspected the heli, I noticed that it was a button that came from the ESC. I press the button and nothing happen. I press the button again and this time I held it for a couple of seconds. The ESC lit up. A few seconds later, the heli throttled up on it's own and scared the cowboy crap out of me causing me to drop the heli...LOL!

Well come to find out, the heli was shipped to me in 3D mode. So what caused the heli to spin up, the radio throttle was in the down position. In 3D mode, the down position means to throttle up and vice verse to shut it down.

After that little incident, I had to buy a new belt for the drive system and the tiny gear. Both of those were totaled!

I have a manual that STARCOP put together to help people like me and you. Send me your email address and I will send the PDF to you. But be careful because in the state your getting the heli it is very unpredictable unless you know what your doing. Also, review the manual that comes with the helicopter to setup the heli in normal flight mode.

holbertjosh 01-17-2008 10:01 AM

Hey franklinbw36, thanks for the advice. So far so good with the raptor. I got mine on Monday jan 14th I have flown every day since then. My flights are short, but I usually get about a foot or two off the ground. I am having triuble getting it to trim out. When it lifts off it keeps rolling to the right. My raptor seems to have plenty of power to get off the ground stock. I can only imiagine what it would be like if I upgrade it. I would like to learn how to fly it before I go that route. Thanks for your input and help. My e-mail is [email protected]. Im not going to lie I was a little leary about the helicopter after reading some of the post. So far Im pretty happy with my investment.

franklinbw36 01-17-2008 10:18 AM

Hey Holbertjosh, I know what you mean. I felt that way to when I seen the power the raptor had. You was one of the lucky ones to get it off the ground. I think some of the raprors had defective parts. After I put the brushless motor on and the new esc, that thing took off like a bat out of hell. I love it too, it just takes alittile time to get use to. Alot of the comments you see here are from newbies that don't understand the CCPM helicopters. Once you learn them, it's a walk in the park. I just recently wrecked mine, so now I waiting for the parts. I will be back and flying shortly, in the mean time I'm stuck flying the 4 channel falcon 40. It sucks donkey balls...LOL! Take care. I will send directions to trim the heli.

holbertjosh 01-24-2008 12:41 AM

Hey franklinbw36 you get your Raptor up and running yet? Can you send me that manuel. My email in [email protected].

mhawes51 02-01-2008 02:42 PM

2-on
4-on
6-on
7-on

everything else off

franklinbw36 02-01-2008 04:12 PM

You ask did I fly it yet? Man, I got a funny story for you. Being a newbie to the raptor, I finally got it flying about 15 feet off the ground maybe alittle higher. I got excited and hit one of the buttons on the control. Not sure which one but the heli decided to hoover upside down. So at this point I'm panic because I'm not sure how to get the heli right side up. The only thing good that came out of this, is when the heli decided to flip it came down closer to the ground. I had my buddy hold the radio for me while I went and grab the Raptor out of the air. If I would have tried to flip the heli, that was like a crash waiting to happen. So the answer to your question is yes, I have went flying with the raptor and got alittle more than what I bargain for.

ruzonmoss 02-05-2008 02:14 AM

Hey,

I am having the same issue as Sonnet21 accept I clipped my couch. Everything was working (squirly) before. I have to admit that I tried flying before putting the Ping Pong balls on and had better luck.

Anyway, I have searched most of tonight looking for a diagram or manual that shows how to disassemble the rotor parts because I am thinking that I need to replace the one way bearings because as described in the post by Sonnet21 my tail rotor still works but the main rotor doesn't.

Also, if anyone can pass along the Starcop manual that franklinbw36 talked about that'd be great. [email protected]

Yves2 02-06-2008 06:13 PM

Hi Franklinbw36,

Can I also ask you to send me this manual? I am new with this model too.

Thanks, [email protected]

Sonnet21 02-12-2008 01:37 PM

Hey,
I was trying to hover with my Raptor when the Control module smoked and aparently killed my Lipo battery. The battery looks like it kind of filled up. Hope I can buy parts somewhere besides X-Heli.

franklinbw36 02-12-2008 06:17 PM

Yeah you should be able to find what you need at other sites. like; bananahobby.com, hobbycity.com, japan2000.com and a few others I can't seem to remember of the top of my head. But make sure that you pay close attention to the voltage, lipo charger and all that good stuff.

jasgad 03-28-2008 03:42 AM

My raptor did the same thing and it was the two screws on the main shaft needing to be tightened. When my crashed into a hillside because I was told by exceed rc that dip switch number 8 needed to be set to ccpm. Big mistake because that will cause your heli to go forward and to the right by locking the swashplate in that direction. Make sure the number 8 dip switch is set to nor or to the off position. On the blade issue, once I tightened those screws it started the blades spinning again.

jasgad 03-28-2008 03:57 AM

My Raptor turned clockwise when I tried to get mine to left off. I called exceed and they gave me the wrong dip switch settings to witch caused me a good crash. After messing with the heli for a week I found the issue. I turned my dip switch number 12 to on and turned on my transmitter. I then plugged in the battery to the heli but didn't engage the blades. toggle v1 was in the 0 position and I turned it 100% gain for gyro sensitivity and the switch v2 I changed for the rudder mix. The rudder mix is what you are having the issue with. It took me about 12 times to get it to where I needed it to be. I played with those two settings until it worked. Remember that every time you make this change you have to start from step one and make the same adjustment to the gyro on v1 as you make differant changes to the rudder mix/ v2.

I hope this helps you.
jason from ohio