RE: Help. How to do a dowel rod wing mount
Pictures are worth 1000 words they say lol
1. Make sure you have a former in the fuse at the leading edge of the wing. If not make one up and pre drill, and make a plate of ply with matching hole size and spacing. I like 1/4" CF tubes.
2. Once the former is drilled/installed I use a small peice of double sided tape to stick the plate with matching holes to the former making sure the holes line up.
3. Test fit the wing, you will most likely have to notch the leading edge for the plate. Once the wing fits correctly glue the plate to the wing while it is in place. When the glue is dry remove the wing with the plate attached.
4. drill through the plate and into the wing, glue the dowls in place.
5. Install hardwood blocks or a ply plate in the fuse at the trailing edge of wing, install wing and measure for correct alighnment, drill through the wing trailing edge and into wing mount.
6. tap blocks to 1/4X20, ream holes in wing, re-inforce the wing trailing edge on outside with ply plate or glass cloth.