Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hold the cover?

I've got a nice servo cover for my sailplane wings. But the screws for the cover superpose exactly over the servo screws location.[:@]

Without having to drill new screw holes into the cover, is there a way to make this work? The inner wall is styro and there's no room for any lining, without enlarging the opening which for obvious reasons I don't want to do.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ge95745.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	1781483  
    Remember: Speed is life!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: hold the cover?

Hi vasek
    I have no personal knowledge of your glider. I have 2 solutions for you to consider. First one. You must have three long screws. Find three long metal tubes with an inside diameter large enough for the bolts to fit inside. Cut the tubes long enough to fit against the servo, and support the servo cover. The three bolts will then hold the servo and cover in place. Second one. Replace the three screws with three all thread rods. Insert the three rods and add three nuts to hold the servo in place. Add three nuts to hold the cover in place. Use blue Loctite thread locker on all threads. Let me know what you decide.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Villa, I think I will use the threaded rods (with a nut) just long enough to screw CF tubes on it that will go all the way to the top and then use small self tapping screws to fix the cover into CF tubes. Thanks for the insight. V.
    Remember: Speed is life!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2 sided tape I would use or hot glue.
    91-Zulu