Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

hold the cover?

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

hold the cover?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 09:09 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hold the cover?

I've got a nice servo cover for my sailplane wings. But the screws for the cover superpose exactly over the servo screws location.[:@]

Without having to drill new screw holes into the cover, is there a way to make this work? The inner wall is styro and there's no room for any lining, without enlarging the opening which for obvious reasons I don't want to do.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95745.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	1781483  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Villa

Default RE: hold the cover?

Hi vasek
I have no personal knowledge of your glider. I have 2 solutions for you to consider. First one. You must have three long screws. Find three long metal tubes with an inside diameter large enough for the bolts to fit inside. Cut the tubes long enough to fit against the servo, and support the servo cover. The three bolts will then hold the servo and cover in place. Second one. Replace the three screws with three all thread rods. Insert the three rods and add three nuts to hold the servo in place. Add three nuts to hold the cover in place. Use blue Loctite thread locker on all threads. Let me know what you decide.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:57 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Villa, I think I will use the threaded rods (with a nut) just long enough to screw CF tubes on it that will go all the way to the top and then use small self tapping screws to fix the cover into CF tubes. Thanks for the insight. V.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:14 PM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

2 sided tape I would use or hot glue.