Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mobile Plane Stand

Plane storage has been getting harder with my growing stable of planes. I have used a couple of the vertical J&L stands and really like them. I bought more and now have Six large planes efficiently lined up along the back of my garage. However they are a pain to move to get to wingbags or cleaning up the space. I have been wanting to make them mobile for awhile and found just the thing at the Harbor Freight that opened up in town this week.

They are selling these small plastic dollies with a 200 lb capacity for $14. They have some made of wood that are a little larger for just under 10$. The stand fits pretty good. I centered the ring of the stand on the dolly. Drilled a set of holes to pass zip ties, two in back and one on each leg. the stand is firmly attached and with the weight centered as shown it is very stable.

Yes you probably make it cheaper out of plywood and your own casters from Lowe's but I like easy.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plane stand 005.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	2201498Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plane stand 006.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	2201499Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plane stand 007.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	339.8 KB 
ID:	2201500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plane stand 008.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	2201501
    \"Remember, all I\'\'m offering is the truth, nothing more...\"
    Morpheus

Corsair Brotherhood #103
    Golden Era Aircraft Brotherhood #21

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    That looks good as long as it doesn't fall over. What I need is something portable that I can use at the field for setup. ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Nied View Post
    That looks good as long as it doesn't fall over. What I need is something portable that I can use at the field for setup. ?
    the weight of the plane is centered within the wheels of the base. The plane was pushed from all sides and is as stable as if it was on the ground. I have one of these stands that I use in the shop and have taken to the field.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plane stand with wheels.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	2201656
    \"Remember, all I\'\'m offering is the truth, nothing more...\"
    Morpheus

Corsair Brotherhood #103
    Golden Era Aircraft Brotherhood #21