Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

sunfly3 aileron horns

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

sunfly3 aileron horns

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 11:52 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunfly3 aileron horns

I have a bridi sunfly 3 and I am concerned with the higher powered engines and the potential for problems like flutter..the horns are ancient ..its bent wire run thru a metal sleeve and thats it..is there a better way ??maybe dubro has something..now the biggie! I joined the wing panels and noticed a very slight dip in the top of the rear trailing cover..the tailing egdse itself is square and even but apparently the top of several ribs were sanded down a wee bit too far and I glued the rear sheeting..its about a 1/16 off in the wings middle otherwise its all squared and looks great.will I have any flight issues to concern myself with ???
Old 07-01-2003, 10:59 AM
Kaos Rulz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunfly3 aileron horns,

I have over-powered my Sunfly V and developed a flutter that I think is created by the aileron torque rod linkage. I replaced the nylon screw-down connector as there was a little slop between the hole and the clevis. I replaced it with a Nylon swivel clevis assembly (TH P/N "GPMQ3860) and used ball joint connections at the servo arm. No slop now. I haven't flown to verify absence of flutter. Can let ya know after this weekend.
As far as your planking over the ribs; is the area in question covered by the attachment of the wing to the fuselage? If so, you should be OK. If not, you need to glue that planking down to the ribs. May have to drill small holes (say a #60 bit) and inject med CA while holding the wood firmly down insuring contact with the top of the ribs. Then patch the holes.