Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

My tricks

Old 06-01-2002, 07:09 PM
jack01
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA application tips??

Something that works for me is to just wipe off the tip after EACH application. That keeps mine from clogging.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:59 AM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My tricks

Here's a method I have been using. Seems to save the tip from getting all chewed up too, by trying to remove the glue scab all the time to get it to flow.

If your just taking a short break in glueing, give the bottle a couple of sharp taps to get the glue out of the neck of the tip. This keeps it from getting that thick blob when you go to glue again.

When your done for the day, screw off the top and toss it in a small jar of fingernail polish remover or acetone, and cap the jar. Cap the bottle with an old CLOGGED tip (this makes sure it is airproof...lol), or one of them plastic pva tube plugs, the kind you see on replacement auto parts to protect passages from dirt (usually red or yellow, looks like a little cup).

That should do the trick for you. Just be careful unscrewing the caps each time, and hopefully you wont splash glue your jeans to your leg, and have to walk around with a blue fuzzy spot on your leg for a week.