Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

CA screw-up

Old 06-03-2005, 12:51 AM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA screw-up

I've often wondered what would happen if you squirt a dose of CA into a bottle of kicker. Tonight I found out. It makes a strange crackling sound, like mini-firecrackers. What's that crackling sound? I asked myself. Then I saw that what I thought was a pipette of kicker which I wanted to put back in the bottle was actually a pipette of thin CA. So after it crackles (from the exothermic reaction, I suppose) what you see is the floor of the kicker bottle covered with little pebbles of acrylic popcorn. I'm just glad I didn't spoil a ten-dollar bottle of kicker.

My next experiment will be to squirt a pipette of kicker into a bottle of CA. Nah! just kidding.

My concentration must be elsewhere tonight, because I made a bunch of little goofs, none of them disastrous, just enough to irk myself.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 AM
kdheath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CA screw-up

I think we all have nights like that, when the best thing to do is sit in a soft comfortable chair as far as possible from sharp or breakable objects.....
Old 06-03-2005, 12:25 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: CA screw-up

If you like THOSE fireworks, try mixing up a "Hot Batch" of fiberglass sometime

Note: "Hot Batch" = adding too much catalyst.

PS Don't try this at home kids - We're professionals