Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Field Stand

Old 11-07-2002, 09:14 PM
TOYMAKER
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Field Stand

Originally posted by Redline
Greg...

A dimensioned sketch would fill the bill nicely. No need for photos. Is the sketch something you can send digitaly or is postal easier? Thanx so much for your help!

~John
I drew up some plans of that same type of stand on my TurboCad if you could use that type of file. Or e-mail your address and I will send the plans by snail mail.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:51 PM
gfinan

Default Field Stand

Toymaker,

I appreciate your offer and would like to see what you have. I don't have AutoCad ( I wish I had it) so I'll e-mail you my address. I have made a lot of changes to the stand that you are referring to. Such as improved cradles with built-in padding (opens to 14"), hinge and fold-up design, built in handle when folded, cradle storage on folded unit, etc. I think having your plans to start from, I could easily make the necessary changes without starting from scratch. Thanks, Greg
Old 11-07-2002, 10:28 PM
TOYMAKER
My Feedback: (6)

Default FIELD STAND

The file is in .dxf format. You need a Cad program to open it. If not I will send these by US mail.

Here is a photo of the unit I made.

Enjoy...

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	34340_2297.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	21179  
Old 11-08-2002, 03:23 PM
icewater
My Feedback: (1)

Default Plans

Greg
I would also like to get sketches of your stand. If they are available let me know of any cost incurred.
Thanks
DON
PS- are the plans up on a website yet?

Also sent PM and Email
[email protected]
Old 11-10-2002, 07:26 PM
gfinan

Default Field Stand Plans

It is taking a little longer than expected to draw up the plans for the stand that I offered to share. There is a lot of detail which has to be shown but I should have everything together by late tonight. I will get these out to you sometime Monday. Make sure I have your e-mail address if you want a copy. RCU does not send e-mail info out with messages. Thanks for your patience. Greg

Name:	34780_16670.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	21180  
Old 11-10-2002, 07:41 PM
cu. in.

Default Field Stand

Greg,

Thanks for you efforts. Take your time and turn out a quality plan set.

I will send you my email address.

Bruce
Old 11-10-2002, 08:05 PM
RSprinkel
My Feedback: (3)

Default AWESOME STAND!!!!

Would like to have a set of them too Greg. AWESOME Stand you have there.

Thanks Much in Advance
Old 11-11-2002, 09:26 PM
squareloop
My Feedback: (1)

Default Me too!

Greg...I will send you my email addy. Could you also send plans on how you keep your work area so neat?!
Old 11-12-2002, 12:59 AM
DennisD

Default Plans

Hi Greg:

I wouldn't mind a set of those plans either. Will send my e-mail address. Thanks
Old 11-12-2002, 02:10 AM
gfinan

Default Field Stand

Squareloop,

I know, I keep the place too clean. The plans for the clean shop/ house are simple: I got rid of the wife.....she left her stuff all over the place

P.S. the plans are actually almost done (all 10 pages of them). I will start sending them out tomorrow

See ya, Greg
Old 11-12-2002, 04:00 AM
secondchildhood
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Field Stand

The plans for the clean shop/ house are simple: I got rid of the wife.....
P.S. the plans are actually almost done (all 10 pages of them). I will start sending them out tomorrow

Now you can leave the lid up if you darn well please

Thanks again for all the effort you have put into this, we really appreciate it!!

Dwight Hayden
Old 11-13-2002, 12:27 AM
gfinan

Default Field Stand Plans

Well the plans are finally complete It took a lot longer than anticipated because of all the detail and drawing it in a way that can be sent through e-mail.

Anyway, does anyone know of an easy way to e-mail these out? There are 11 pages, all in bmp type of files. I can put them in a zip file, but I am not sure if these could be opened on everybody's CPU"s. Plus I have about 50 copies to get out. So if anybody has an idea, please let me know. Thanks.

Greg Finan
[email protected]
Old 11-13-2002, 12:50 AM
akpilot

Default Field Stand

Greg,

My suggestion would be to Zip the file.

Again, thanks for all your work on this.

Troy
Old 11-13-2002, 12:51 AM
secondchildhood

Default Field Stand

I'm no computer guru, but if you have a photo editing program that will allow you to save / convert those BMP files as Jpg, or possibly .gif
they will be MUCH smaller. BMP is the most bandwidth hungry file I know of.

After saving them as JPG, then zipping them may make them even smaller and most everyone has some form of winzip on their computer. (Dont know about the Mac and Linux guys?)

Thanks again for your hard work.

Dwight
Old 11-13-2002, 01:08 AM
RSprinkel

Default Field Stand

Originally posted by secondchildhood
I'm no computer guru, but if you have a photo editing program that will allow you to save / convert those BMP files as Jpg, or possibly .gif
they will be MUCH smaller. BMP is the most bandwidth hungry file I know of.

After saving them as JPG, then zipping them may make them even smaller and most everyone has some form of winzip on their computer. (Dont know about the Mac and Linux guys?)

Thanks again for your hard work.

Dwight

Yes I agree with this as well. .bmp is a hungry format and much larger in size and .jpg and .gif compresses nicely with winzip.

And Also THANKS for all YOUR HARD WORK as well!!!.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:43 AM
gfinan

Default Field Stand

Dwight,

You were right, BMP files are big!! 1 page in bmp is 1mb, the same page in jpeg is 685kb, in gif it is 93kb, and in png it was 341kb. I'll start sending them out in a little while. I'll try the jpeg as I heard it is a little more universal and the print outs look a little better than the gif ones.

By the way, in reply to your post yesterday, women want all these equal rights these days, don't they?...let them put the seat UP for us!

See ya, Greg
Old 11-13-2002, 01:47 AM
GW-inactive
My Feedback: (4)

Default Field Stand

Greg, If you want to send them to me at [email protected] I will post them on my website for download.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:20 AM
secondchildhood

Default Re: FIELD STAND

Originally posted by TOYMAKER
The file is in .dxf format. You need a Cad program to open it. If not I will send these by US mail.

Here is a photo of the unit I made.

Enjoy...

Wayne
I got the plans today. Very nice design, thanks, I appreciate it.

Dwight
Old 11-14-2002, 02:14 AM
gfinan

Default Field stand plans

I have finished the plans and sent them out via e-mail to everyone who requested copies. If you requested a copy and have not received it, please e-mail me with your e-mail address and I will send them right out. I did receive a few requests without e-mail addresses or linked through RCU and could not send plans out to those folks.

Many people have offered to pay me for my time and expenses for drawing and sending out the plans. If you feel that you want to pay for them, please send a donation to RCU on my behalf instead. The people here at RCU makes this possible for all of us.

Anyone interested in a copy of the plans, just drop me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send you a copy. Thanks to everyone for their kind comments on this project.

Greg Finan

Name:	35502_16670.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	21181  
Old 11-14-2002, 03:12 AM
RSprinkel

Default Re: Field stand plans

Originally posted by gfinan

Many people have offered to pay me for my time and expenses for drawing and sending out the plans. If you feel that you want to pay for them, please send a donation to RCU on my behalf instead. The people here at RCU makes this possible for all of us.

Anyone interested in a copy of the plans, just drop me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send you a copy. Thanks to everyone for their kind comments on this project.

Greg Finan
Would like to send a donation, but I am unsure as to how to do that. Can someone explain.

Thanks,
Old 11-14-2002, 04:55 AM
secondchildhood

Default Re: Re: Field stand plans

Originally posted by RSprinkel

Would like to send a donation, but I am unsure as to how to do that. Can someone explain.

Thanks,
Me too, . RCU has helped me a lot in the short period of time I have been a member.
Thanks again Greg , you did a great job!!!

Dwight Hayden
Old 11-14-2002, 05:46 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Default Field Stand

Greg has asked me to post a reply regarding the sending in of donations. Let me first say thank you to Greg for his genorosity here as the donations are very appreciated. RCUniverse is by far the largest R/C related web site going and is owned and operated by Marc Vigod. The costs of the servers which he pays for and the cost of the bandwidth to keep it running as well doesn't come cheap and Marc pays for it out of his pocket. He does get some revenue from all the R/C related banners this is true, but it doesn't come near to what it costs to run this site. All of us Moderators help by donating our time to make this all come together and there are over 50 of us doing the best job possible, so here is how you can help out by donations.

If you do not have a paypal account you may sign up here or
you can donate directly to RCU with a Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover (email [email protected] for info). If you have any further questions on how to make a donation then you can reach Marc at the following e-mail address above, and we do thank you.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:00 AM
AzRcpilot

Default Field Stand

Everything arrived just fine and opened well thanks for it I will have to get busy right after football season. Thanks again
Mark Smith
Old 11-17-2002, 05:03 PM
propnrotor

Default Field Stand

I am very Impressed with the design and Quality of your stand. It is a beauty. If you don't mind I will drop you an E-Mail and request a set of the plans.

I am however More Impressed with the Cleanliness an quality of your work shop. I have reviewed your plans for a clean workshop and did some field research. Unfortunately It will not be cost effective at this time. I probably would be left without a work shop anyway.

:idea: I wonder if the club would mind a cot in the back of the field storage shed. Now THAT would be living!!!!! Roll out of bed and fly.
Old 11-17-2002, 06:50 PM
gfinan

Default Field Stand

Propnrotor

Just send me your e-mail address and I'll get the plans right out to you.

The clean shop plans do require that you retain your shop/house. Otherwise, your cot idea sounds really good! Thanks,Greg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.