Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Help With an Airfield in Monroe, NC

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Help With an Airfield in Monroe, NC

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Tomcat_104
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With an Airfield in Monroe, NC

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for an airfield in Monroe, NC that is not listed on RCU. I know they exist. I live near Carowind's and belong to York County Flyers in York, SC. I love this club but since I had a stroke back in 2004 I am looking around to see what else is available to me. I build but don't fly. I enjoy watching other people. Please help me if you can.

David
Old 10-29-2006, 08:40 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help With an Airfield in Monroe, NC

TC, I believe the club is actually in Midland. Even a little more remote than Monroe.

How close to Cwinds are you? I sometimes work out of an office off CW blvd and Tryon.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Tomcat_104

Vicman,

I'm .9 miles south of Carowinds on Tryon Street, in Yorkhire. I know about Charlotte AeroModelers in Midland. I've been to their field, prior to my stroke, and ate their B-B-Q. You're right they are more remote than Monroe. They sure know how to cook though! Where is Valdese? I've never been there before.

David
[email protected]
Old 10-30-2006, 09:01 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

485N, to 85S, to 321N, to 40W, Exit 113 About an hour an 20 min from you. I'll give you a ring one day and have lunch with you. My office is right on the corner behind the new Damon's
Old 01-12-2007, 11:36 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

Tomcat, yes there is a field in Monroe. It's Poboy's Proptwisters Club and is located off Unionville-Indian Trail road near Poplin Road. I'll see if I can locate the website and shoot it to you. I'm sure there are directions along with other info/photos there.

Thanks,
Jim Tice
Old 01-12-2007, 11:42 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

the site is poboys.org the field is about 20 miles closer to you than the Midland Field! Let you if you need more info on it. Hope to see you there.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Tomcat_104

Jim,

Thanks for the heads-up. I couldn't find them on the AMA site but I knew they were there. Several years (5-8) my uncle and cousin flew there, then he went off to college. I live near Carowinds and currently fly at York County Flyers. I'm disabled now and like to watch my 17 year fly and other folks fly, may with I-485 this will be a little closer. I'll look at their website next. Thanks again!

David