RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Tips & Techniques (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/tips-techniques-180/)
-   -   New house NEW GARAGE SETUP!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/tips-techniques-180/11161943-new-house-new-garage-setup.html)

rowdog_14 07-19-2012 07:03 PM

New house NEW GARAGE SETUP!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished my airplane and wing rack for the wall. Check it out and tell me what you all think. Still have more to do but this is the start. I am going to hang the Gee Bee up in the ceiling because I have retired it :)

rowdog_14 07-19-2012 07:05 PM

RE: New house NEW GARAGE SETUP!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Another set of pictures

4*60 07-19-2012 11:11 PM

Way too small an area and neat too!!! ;)

Ihave a triple space garage and one space is 80% dedicated to models. Underneath the garage is my 700 Sq Ft workshop. How come your home isn't like that?? ;) However being a neat freak it seems you can get just as much accomplished or more than I do.

Just bein a smart ass. You have a nice setup!!!!!!! Much nicer than my first few homes. Way to go!

rowdog_14 07-20-2012 06:35 AM

I could have a house like yours, just send me the money for it and I will buy it I am sure my wife would be happy with a three car garage house.

dakoris73 07-20-2012 10:00 PM

Congrats on the new house and having a garage to setup for a workshop. I too use the same setup for storing my planes, and its worked out quite well for me so far. and its really easy to adjust the shelves to accomodate the various sizes of the planes you have. Continue working and setting up your workshop, and looking forward to seeing more pics of your setup.

dax

saramos 07-21-2012 07:35 AM

I turned my garage into a workshop. Wish I had more room. Just set up a webcam at webcam.scottshangar.com. Use guest and guest for username and password.
Built cabinets along two walls and have an island buildboard. I use a magnet system for building. Along the third wall is lathe/mill and a CNC router.

Scott

edbu1 01-10-2013 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the setup I use. Wooden dowels are adjustable and fit into holes pre-drilled along entire length of 2x4x8 verticals. Holds many wings and fuselages on both sides of verticals.

KitBuilder 01-20-2013 09:31 PM

I've got a 3 car garage but only 25% for building and storage :( No basements in Fl.

tailskid 02-10-2013 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I 'cleaned' the garage last week - three full days of 'adjusting' and REMOVING 'her' junk and now it almost looks OK...still have one bench to clear. This is a storage area only:) Can't work in it during the 10+ 'HOT' months <g>

Bob Yeager 02-11-2013 09:59 AM

Here's the setup I use. Wooden dowels are adjustable and fit into holes pre-drilled along entire length of 2x4x8 verticals. Holds many wings and fuselages on both sides of verticals.
BRILLIANT!! :D