Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

N.B. 1/10 crawler Steering Servo question

Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

N.B. 1/10 crawler Steering Servo question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 01:10 PM
A.R.C.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N.B. 1/10 crawler Steering Servo question

Hey all. I finally found all you New Bright guys, I thought I was abandoned. I was on the other N.B Crawler forum before it was shut down. Had the Blue and Orange Crawler with a bunch of mods. Anyyyway....

My steering servo is dead and I need a new and better one. I had a servo from the 1/6 Crawler on there and got a decent life out of it but it just couldnt handle the abilities of the rest of the truck and the internals broke, so I want to install an aftermarket servo. I remember a member on the old board that was quite good with electronics and had a thread where he had mentioned what steering servo would work without frying the stock electronics but I was`nt able to save any info before the old site shut down. Does anybody have that info saved or know what servo will work? I`ve built huge piles of crusty snow in my back yard and want to do some winter crawling. Thanks.

A.R.C.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41414.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	1551354  
Old 01-24-2011, 03:12 PM
cobra69

Default RE: N.B. 1/10 crawler Steering Servo question

Hi, A.R.C. I'm Joe," cobra 98" from the old NB board, I didn't save any of the info from the old board either but,I think the mod you're speaking of, was to use an H/G servo with the pot. removed & the 2 wires from the PC board hooked straight to the servo motor.
I ran this set-up awhile,before i swapped to full H/G electronics ,& it worked fine.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:15 PM
A.R.C.

Thanks Cobra. What brand and model servo did you use? I`d rather install something that I know is tried and true than put any old servo in there and cook everything else. What do you mean by "with the pot removed"? .

Old 01-24-2011, 04:25 PM
cobra69

I think I used an old futaba 3003 servo.
The pot. is the small circuit board inside the servo case that controls the auto return to center, since the NB PC board only has 2 wires for the steering,you won't need it.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:31 AM
A.R.C.

Thanks Cobra.