Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Toy grade heli? which one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 10:10 PM
flyfisher117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toy grade heli? which one?

Im sure this has been asked before. Let me just explain.

Here about 3+ years ago I was dead set on getting one of those Havoc Heli's They were cool. So I ordered two of them only to get an email saying they were backordered for 3 months. Got bummed out because it was near christmas and thats all I wanted. My parents suprised me with a Blade Master Micro Mosquito. It was supposed to be the best at the time. It never flew it couldnt get much more than 1/4" off the ground. We returned it got another from an online source. Same thing only got up about 1/4" or it just tipped over. I contacted the company they said no problem and sent me a new one. This one ALMOST worked it would take off fine except when it took off it was full throtle there was no half throtle or anything. It would SLAM into the cieling then drop down and hover about an inch off the ground. Well it was fun I just flat gave up and flew that one around like a car. It finally broke and I vowed to never touch another RC vehicle.

Well the fascination with RC helicopters has returned. Only problem now is Im 18 and working my rear end off for my money so I dont want to waist more money on crap. But I want a fun little helicopter to play with around in the house. Guess I dont want to grow up yet.

Can anyone help me find a small helicopter that will actually fly and possibly re-kindle my interest and faith in RC's? I have about $100 to play with but would prefer the biggest bang for the buck.

Syma S107G is what im hearing to be pretty good for the money, seems to have a big following but im just out looking for oppinions. Ive noticed Blade makes a few entry level Toy copters but Im not sure.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:20 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Toy grade heli? which one?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...copter-w-24GHz It is not a toy grade and it costs a little more than the price you have, but if you get it, love it and want to move up you can get a bind and fly, which comes with no transmitter because you would have a transmitter from this MCX2. One step up is this- http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...cro-Helicopter which comes with no transmitter.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:03 PM
flyfisher117

Say I bought the Blade you linked, flew it around, bumped into things but never totally crashed it so it was still in almost new condition. Would I be able to resell it? Do they have/keep a resale value?

Old 12-26-2011, 02:32 PM
collector1231

You would be able to sell it for about 89.99 for charger and all. Did you like it?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:35 PM
flyfisher117

It doesnt look too bad and it is kind of neat that I can buy the next step heli and use the same remote. Its just the Money part, Its not too terribly priced but it is still an entire paycheck for me during the winter months so im just not sure If i want to spend that much right now.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM
flyfisher117

Going to bring this thread back, Ive been going crazy with nothing to do and I still want an RC heli, IVe backed off just because im afraid to buy the first blade that you mentioned because I dont want to get bored with it.

Think a person could pick up a 120 SR and learn to fly rom there? Would it be worth it? Closest thing I have to flying a true rc Helicopter is on the Video game Battlefield 3 its probably the most realistic video game Ive played as far as controls of a Heli because it has throtle, pitch, yaw, and Roll and if flying RC helicopters are as hard as they are in the Game I have a feeling that I would be crashing more than it would be worth.

Whats your thoughts? baby steps with the first blade? Or second blade and just begin with hovering and going forward and back?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:11 PM
thorian

I have a Syma 107 and a Syma Chinook. I personally like the chinook for 2 reasons, it is faster then the 107 because to pitch the chopper the rear set of rotors spool faster. and 2 you can get it for $25 bucks from amazon.

The only down side of the little 3 channel gyros is that the yaw is on the wrong stick for learning to fly larger helecopters, yaw and throttle are on the left stick of 4 channel choppers.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:14 AM
collector1231

You want the mcx2 first and work your way up. I have flown both helis and the MCX2 is MUCH easier. If you are not wanting to spend tons of money, find one used on RCU market.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 AM
szewang2805
Banned

syma 107 is good [link=http://www.hobbyhot.com][/link]
Old 03-10-2012, 03:40 PM
zman5000

I still like the air hogs sharpshooter it flies well and you talk about the life of a party when you launch those missles. theres nothing like it out there and all for 35 bucks atwallyworld
Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

http://www.rcmania.com/syma-s107g/
Old 04-07-2012, 04:01 PM
zman5000

the syma is okbut it doesn't shoot missles and it's a twin rotor more possible crash damage tha's what makes air hogs heli's good you can crash them and theyr'e like a timex they just keep going.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:19 AM
collector1231

Hey guys, dont forget about the new Blade. 

Old 04-08-2012, 01:36 PM
zman5000

i've got a blade msr and it flies ok though the sharpshooter is more fun, the fast lane chopper at toysrus is a venom ozone repackaged for 50 bucks i've got one of those and it's kinda a pos
Old 05-06-2012, 11:48 PM
borybosell
Banned

I think Syma Chinook is best heli toy. I really like to Syma Chinook because it is very fast fly than the Syma 107 but i like also Syma 107 heli. It is very cheapest heli by another heli. You can get it for $25 bucks from amazon web site. Syma Chinook is a very popular heli toy and it is comfortable for your kids.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:15 AM
jayjay283

4 channel, lots of fun got it stuck in a tree for a few weeks got rained on fell out and still works

[link]http://www.amazon.com/Syma-Channel-Remote-Control-Helicopter/dp/B007FLQ394/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1336835518&sr=8-5[/link]