Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Stunt Psycho Assult Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 02:11 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Stunt Psycho Assult Review

I just got this Stunt Psycho Assult RC off ebay.
I saw it 1st at my local Radio shack for sale at $35. It was originally $50.
But on ebay it was just $24 shipped!

It is a 4wd, skid steering, land/water rc. It comes with a 4.8v nicd rechargeable battery and a 4-5 hour wall charger. The 9v for the remote is even included.

The skid steer setup is decent. And since it is 4wd it can go threw some grass, lose dirt and such.

The wheels have some small paddles on the inside of the rim. These allow it to move (tho very slowly) threw water. At the lake I was able to drive it onto the sand...into the water and back onto the sand again.

It has bright LED lights on the front and red/blue ones on the back.

The battery is only 700mah, so runtimes are not much more than 10mins depending on where you run it. Much longer on pavement, shorter on grass/sand/dirt or up hills and such where the load is greater.

My 3 year old cant really drive it, as the skid steering is tough for his young mind. But older kids (6 and up) shouldn't have much trouble. I will say that the springs on the control sticks are a bit on the stiff side.

With the short wheelbase, going from reverse to forward (or F to R) quickly will flip the model over. But those large fins means it can also right itself.

Overall, for $24 it is a VERY good toy grade RC. I don't see it being modded much, but as is it can go places and do things many toy grade RC's can not.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91548.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1895072   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39665.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1895073  
Old 07-05-2013, 05:30 PM
hardhittinz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stunt Psycho Assult Review

my son has a red one ,we have had it for along time and its been through the ringer and back and still works like a champ...
Old 07-05-2013, 06:26 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Stunt Psycho Assult Review

ORIGINAL: hardhittinz

my son has a red one ,we have had it for along time and its been through the ringer and back and still works like a champ...
yeh, some kids at the lake took turns driving mine today....which was fine, till one of them did so why having the remote under water

once I got home I opened it up and with a rag and some Qtips I was able to dry off the board and its working proper now.

With the exception of the low runtimes, I think its a very good toy grade rc. Kinda wish it didn't waste power on the flashing lights!
Granted, proportional controls would make it WAY better...as turning just alittle and not a lot is tricky. But it can go many more places than most stuff from walmart.
And today, the water of the lake was calmer so it could drive threw the water better than the 1st time I had tried it.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:33 AM
RustyCwby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda odd vehicle