Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Hello, and help!!

Old 02-08-2019, 08:52 AM
ChILd_ReBoRn

Default Hello, and help!!

I'll try to keep things short. I bought an used Amax khan truggy (1/18). It was a fine little car, but even I got it really cheap with bunch of spares, I had to invest some money in it ( new lipo, new spur gear). After few charges, it's electronics died. For the sake of everything, I can't source a new one. I've contacted the seller, and he said he has a spare from another one, and he gladly sent it, but when I've put it into place, weird things happen, like the Tx and the Rx don't bind as they should be. The steering servo moves constantly left-right, When I try to turn, there's a few second delay, then the car turns, but even though I keep holding the steering knob turned, it centers back. The throttle isn't progressive anymore. It just goes full speed/stop full speed/stop, both forward and reverse. It even sometimes starts running by itself, or when I move the steering knob.
The TX has a number sticker, and the same number is sticked on the chassis, so I presume that the TX can only work with one RX.

It has a bind button, both on the RX and TX. The electronic is one small box containing the Rx, servo, and esc. I could buy a new RX, new servo, and ESC, but that would just exceed the car value.

Tried contacting Amax toys - no reply. Any idea what is going on? how can I resolve this issue?