Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

Does New Bright RC Really fit into the Category of Unusual RC?

Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Does New Bright RC Really fit into the Category of Unusual RC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:42 PM
KE4QPF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does New Bright RC Really fit into the Category of Unusual RC?

ORIGINAL: mazdaprotege4

ORIGINAL: texx

ORIGINAL: Cross

Yes, your newbright discussions are about crawlers.

Can you explain to me logically why you belong here and not the crawler forum?

The discussions about limiting straps and beadlocks belong there for sure.
I believe that he who carried us here, did not mix, the NEWBRIGHT with other brands crawler (in your section, Crawlers) ..

On our old forum, we had a special section for our crawler NB ..

Do not feel welcome, troubling me greatly ..

If this pattern continues, I will take a decision very soon ..[]
All I was trying to point out that this discussion of New Bright Crawlers is way off topic of what the forum is meant for "Discussion of Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more". There are plenty of other forums for either Crawlers, Monster Trucks, and Cars.
Wouldn't you think that if this was such a MAJOR violation of the forum's TOS, the mods would have moved these thread where they belong by now? Well, they didn't. One even posted in my thread. I don't think this molehill is as tall of a mountain as you have been making it out to be. I might even venture to state you're 'stirring the pot' a bit.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 PM
THErcnoobie

I SAY WE MOVE IN TO CRAWLER FORUMS.BUT OF COURSE IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE BETTER TO HAVE FORUMS JUST FOR NEWBRIGHTS ONLY. I DONT LIKE THIS SECTION BECAUSE NEWBRIGHTS ARE NOT UNUSUAL, BUT I STILL HAPPY THAT WE ATLEAST HAVE A PLACE TO POST THREADS OF OUR BUILDS AND MODS.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Cross

ORIGINAL: texx

Do not you think that newbright / toys are rc ((unusual)) ???????

This may be the reason why we are here ..[8D]

They are R/C and toys. Unusual, NO. They are just another crawler. The bodies are even more useful for crawlers that want a very realistic look. For the most part anyone wanting to make a R/C scale model Newbright seems to be the most commonly used body. So no, the Newbright discussion does not belong in a forum for unusual R/C discussion
Old 04-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Creepy Crawler

Here's a question for you mazdaprotege4, why are you so protective of your sweet little unusual forum? You don't even own anything unusual. This forum is for and I quote you "Discussion of Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more". You see that last word? It means something too. You guys are so concerned about having to scroll down the page or god forbid have to load the second page of threads to get to what you are looking for. And hey, maybe your right, maybe we don't belong in this forum so why don't you go ahead and do your job as a moderator and kick us out. Oh wait, you aren't one, that's right. We're here to stay!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:24 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

well said bro here here ...... noobie i dont no what your thinking but its not with the train of thoughts the rest of are with .. sure it would be great to have our own section ,if for nothing more than to shut up these moaning members in this section but sorry to say no sighn of it from what i can see .
Old 04-11-2009, 08:21 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

ORIGINAL: Creepy Crawler

Here's a question for you mazdaprotege4, why are you so protective of your sweet little unusual forum? You don't even own anything unusual. This forum is for and I quote you "Discussion of Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more". You see that last word? It means something too. You guys are so concerned about having to scroll down the page or god forbid have to load the second page of threads to get to what you are looking for. And hey, maybe your right, maybe we don't belong in this forum so why don't you go ahead and do your job as a moderator and kick us out. Oh wait, you aren't one, that's right. We're here to stay!
Actually I do have some unusual RC's. I have a Art Attack Snowmobile, a few older hovercrafts and things like that. I am also in the process of building a tri-leg ice plane for next year. So I do have some unusual RC vehicles.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:29 AM
KE4QPF

ORIGINAL: THErcnoobie

I SAY WE MOVE IN TO CRAWLER FORUMS.BUT OF COURSE IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE BETTER TO HAVE FORUMS JUST FOR NEWBRIGHTS ONLY. I DONT LIKE THIS SECTION BECAUSE NEWBRIGHTS ARE NOT UNUSUAL, BUT I STILL HAPPY THAT WE ATLEAST HAVE A PLACE TO POST THREADS OF OUR BUILDS AND MODS.
The fact of the matter is that we don't have our own subforum. The only reason we had one on Rockcralwer is because they sponsored a lot of NB jeeps. If it wasn't for that, we'd be over here anyway. I don't see too many of the rigs in this forum going above-and-beyond the original stock specs. Most of our rigs do... either by total decimation and reconstruction, or just by getting pimped out to the 9s. I would venture to state that over 75% of the rigs currently listed in this subforum are an "Orange County Chopper" in disguise as an RC by taking multiple stock parts, decorating them up, putting a cherry on the top, then selling them to the public as a one-of-a-kind that's not replicatable.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:32 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

there you go again with that beutifull way of yours don god how i whish i could speak like that . your so . articulate and i bet very well educated unlike me .. don i just love you .lol..sorry but your words just do it for me .lol..
Old 04-11-2009, 02:36 PM
KE4QPF

ORIGINAL: yaleforscale

there you go again with that beutifull way of yours don god how i whish i could speak like that . your so . articulate and i bet very well educated unlike me .. don i just love you .lol..sorry but your words just do it for me .lol..
1993 - Plantation High School grad; Plantation, FL USA
1995 - Associate of Science in Broadcasting - National Education Centers' Bauder College Campus; Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
1996 - Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Marketing, Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale; Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
Old 04-11-2009, 02:38 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

yip a educated man and much loved buy our groupe .. your a good man don , gota love you ..thanks bro ..
Old 04-11-2009, 03:26 PM
KE4QPF

For those of you who want to see a new subforum built specifically for toy-grade models, please input your suggestions (pro or con) here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_86...tm.htm#8671214
Old 04-11-2009, 05:02 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

yip if you whant us out of here nows your chance ..[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8671214/anchors_8671214/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#8671214[/link]...
Old 04-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow i just got back from vacation and read all of this and all i can say to mazda and Cross is haven't you ever heard of freedom?
It doesn't matter what forum we post in we're going to do it. I'm sorry we decided to flock over here and ruin your precious forum, which had little traffic before we even started, i'm also sorry to see that you feel the way you do, what we do with these NB's is very unusual, seriously would you have known all of the modifications you could do to one of these if we weren't posting these things? Its useful to those who need it, and for those who don't and want to start friction well open your eyes, its a forum, a place to share knowledge, thoughts etc. So pucker up because we are going to keep doing what we do. [8D]
Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM
THErcnoobie

only unusual thing about newbrights ae that they have no servo only a weak motor. also the small motors and gear setup.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:25 PM
texx

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

If you guys need a dedicated thread or forum for something put it in our forum suggestion forum and we will evaluate adding it. as long as a category has enough people and activity to justify a dedicated category forum we will add it
################################################## #############

HELLO .. MR RCadmin ..

Here is the first page of our old forum (ROCKCRAWLER, COM) Taking a few days ago ..

((( A souvenir of the past for you .. guys ..)))

As you can see, our section was the busiest ,of all other sections (24611 POST) ..

The section of real JEEP TJ, did not exceed our NEWBRIGHT / TOYS and all other sections included ..

This is a sign that there was a good activity in this section ..

I believe, a special section for rc / toys (not just the NB ... RADIO SHACK and other rc / toys) would be welcome at the UNIVERSE COM ..

This section could be read as ... ((NEWBRIGHT RC / TOYS and other rc/toys ))

THANK ... TEXX-LOULOU

Old 04-12-2009, 02:02 PM
THErcnoobie

im with texx! if anyone ask i will always be on his side agreeing with whatever he says for now on.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:30 PM
texx

ORIGINAL: THErcnoobie

im with texx! if anyone ask i will always be on his side agreeing with whatever he says for now on.

THANK .. THErcnoobie ..

The NEWBRIGHT, are very interesting for all the mods ..

Watch for bargains (Members NB), obtain a product NB, and start your mods ..

The ideas are not lacking ..

((( Crawlers / Pimp-Cane / Stick-crawler / Aflac car / Monster truck / Buggies ..... 1/10..1/6 scale .....)))

The directors (Administrators) , will see all activities in this section, and their decision will be more and more in our favor ..

THANK ..

PS ..

A forum without projects is like an empty house .. As we enter , and put the activity ..

Old 04-17-2009, 01:57 PM
texx

HELLO ...

There are a lot of R/C TOYS on the market ..

Make them more efficient is a real pleasure ..

We are investing in products HOBBY GRADE .. [8D]

A special section for these R/C TOYS would be welcome ..

For example, I invested in BIG-CRAWLER $ 250.00 in product HG ..

ESC HG / HG METAL-BEARING / BALL-LINK-HG / SERVO-MOTOR HG / + BATTERY CHARGER .. ETC ..

As I said, the mods are a pleasure to do with the R/C TOYS ..

So we deserve a special section for us ..

THANK

(( BIG-CRAWLER ))
Old 04-17-2009, 04:41 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

GUYS .. guess we will have a answer soon ..[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8671214/anchors_8690750/mpage_2/key_/anchor/tm.htm#8690750[/link]..
Old 04-17-2009, 05:04 PM
texx

quote:

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Would one toy grade model forum suffice for this? Is it necessary to do "New Bright" or can we just have the Toy Grade forum and for posts having to do with New Bright the poster can note that in the thread title.

also I will be working on thread category tags so you can apply tags to threads which will be contextual in each forum

################################################## #

HELLO .. RCcdmin ..

Just an idea ..

You could title this section ..

R/C TOYS-MODS and other..

THANK ..
Old 04-17-2009, 06:00 PM
KE4QPF

Good ideas, guys. I hope we get an answer back. It seems the information flow has slowed down quite a bit since last week. It means they're bouncing it around, doing prep work, and/or taking it seriously. Nothing good has ever happened with a 2 second implementation... only band-aids on boo-boos get that type of credit.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Moved from Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more >> Unusual R/C

No longer required since threads are being moved to another forum.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

You now have the new forum to enjoy this segment of the hobby. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and letting RCU serve your hobby interests. Enjoy.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:09 PM
KE4QPF

Thank you, Nathan. We greatly appreciate the help. Please have the other New Bright threads moved over as well so we can get off to a good start.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:14 PM
cobra69

Thank You very much Nathan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.