Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

What is a good kind of toy helicopter?

Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

What is a good kind of toy helicopter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:01 AM
Rebeccageorge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a good kind of toy helicopter?

I want to get a toy helicopter for my husband and want to know if anyone has any experience with some that aren't those cheapy mini ones or ones that fall apart. I am willing to invest a little bit of money for quality... any advice? Pimp Myspace Layouts
Old 01-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is a good kind of toy helicopter?

Airhogs are good for the money $30 or so but toy grade.
next step up is radio shack "mesquito" $90, closer to hobby grade micro. (probally find them online cheaper)
Old 01-30-2010, 08:44 AM
neyou86
My Feedback: (2)

i wouldnt recomend the airhogs ones that are 20-30 dollars. they are junk and both of mine broke with in 2 days. if you want a good one i would go with hobby grade but its your choice.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:09 PM
zman5000

the newer airhogs are light years ahead of the old ones. i have them all and the newest one is plastic and fires 2 missles independent of each other, that is theholy s___ reaction when people see a toy chopper and they get hit with a toy missle. a thousand dollar chopper won't do that!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:08 PM
quis74

HELIPAL.COMis a good site to check out. I have the JXD Racer and it's very good for a toy-grade. The throttlefeels more likeahobby grade.Shipping from HonkKong was expensive, but everthing arrived as ordered.I'm considering an e-flite or possibly walkera 4#6 a the next step.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:54 PM
zman5000

i forgot about the hobbyzone millenium ntu available at hobby shops for about 50 bucks, but it flies really good and it has a 2.4 ghz radio and lipo battery, 10 minutes flight time easy
Old 02-28-2010, 01:56 PM
rabbit1

do an Ebay search for 6020-1. I got one for $20 SHIPPING INCLUDED right out of Hong Kong and the thing is wicked nice! All aluminum body with dual rotor engines and gyroscope. everything is serviceable/replaceable and available on ebay for cheap. mine came with an extra set of rotors and tail rotors, mini screw driver, 3 channel remote with charge cable, usb charge cable..

honestly I don't know how they can sell something like that and ship it all for $20... I was pretty friggin impressed, it even came in a nice box, haha..
Old 02-28-2010, 03:21 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

any toy grade product will break eventually. so will hobby-grade, but you will be able to repair it.
you can by a eflite blade mcx for $100. it comes with every thing you need, and it can fly many times bettery than a air hogs. air hogs cant hover in place or move backwards. they always move forwards, so you just control the turning and the hight.
a blade mcx moves up/down, forward/backward, hovers, slides left/right and turns left/right.
i have seen a metal 3ch micro heli with a gyro on ebay for $35. i cant speak for it personally, but the vid on the ad looked impressive.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 AM
skapunk8301

ORIGINAL: rabbit1

do an Ebay search for 6020-1. I got one for $20 SHIPPING INCLUDED right out of Hong Kong and the thing is wicked nice! All aluminum body with dual rotor engines and gyroscope. everything is serviceable/replaceable and available on ebay for cheap. mine came with an extra set of rotors and tail rotors, mini screw driver, 3 channel remote with charge cable, usb charge cable..

honestly I don't know how they can sell something like that and ship it all for $20... I was pretty friggin impressed, it even came in a nice box, haha..
I bought that same heli off Thinkgeek.com a while back, and really love it! The only thing I think could be improved on is the rx/tx. The whole IR system can be glitchy. I was running it in the warehouse of the company I work for, and managed to lose the connection while at full climb.. It smacked the roof of the warehouse, and came shooting back down, still under full power. Haha. Lesson learned, I guess. Overall, a very fun little heli for the price!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:46 AM
hangmei08

yes, rc helicopter is very interesting, if you own one, you can play it with you family and in a good time, i found a good rc helicopter website-epathchina, there are many kinds of rc helicopters,with a high quality , but the price is low, i think you must be interested in it.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:12 PM
rcstorenmore

For the under 100 range, you can mostly get 3 channel radio or IR helicopters. I would suggest getting one of the small 3-4 channel metal body choppers. Most of them are pretty crash resistant, have the option to charge from USB and come with spare parts and/or tools for basic repairs. If you get one with a gyro that really helps keep the chopper stable in flight. I've even seen ones that have a "learning" mode that makes it like a 2 channel. Once you are comfortable with hovering and turning, you can switch back to "normal" and have a full function 3 channel helicopter.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:55 AM
13BT

Your requirements seem mutually exclusive.

You want a toy. But this toy must not be cheap or fall apart easily. And you're willing to spend a bit more money for a quality product.

Sounds like you're looking for a more expensive toy - Which is what hobby grade products are (toys that 10 year olds cant afford)

But For around $25, you can get this toylike product: http://www.rc-fever.com/sanhuan-copt...ck-p-7398.html

Theres a video you can watch to see its suitable for you.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:41 AM
plane-addict

I had a lot of fun with this helicopter: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=11308
Old 05-19-2010, 08:30 PM
neyou86
My Feedback: (2)

i got the esky lama v3 and i love it. great heli.