Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Rebuilding Tyco cars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:47 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilding Tyco cars?

I was searching through the closet the other day and found a few nice old tyco cars that have been in there for years. I found my old tyco Hammer and twin turbo lamborghini. The hammer runs great but the lambo has some motor issues so I'm getting ready to build-up both of them. I started taking apart the Hammer and am having trouble with getting the rear-end apart. Any suggestions on how to get the casing off the rear-end without breaking it? I'm also wanting to get some ideas on some newer powertrain setups that I could install?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41574.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1383453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37908.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	1383454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20117.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1383455  
Old 02-21-2010, 10:12 AM
texx

Default RE: Rebuilding Tyco cars?

HELLO.ctwitty
Welcome on the forum .

I am in the rc / toys, that in recent years.
I do not know these models. Sorry .
Old 06-26-2011, 03:22 PM
captainkurk
My Feedback: (5)

I've had the same issue. I couldn't separate it either, so I improvised... I decided to remove the stock motor, and cut the top of the diff case to accommodate the hobby motor I wanted to use. I haven't finished it yet. (Lol) I'm currently waiting for an esc to run the motor and servo. If I can't find one soon, I might be forced to use the electronics from my Slash "parts-truck". I'm using the motor guard from some random RC truck or buggy to cover and mount the new motor. I found it in my parts bin. I'm using a 540 style motor I salvaged from an old Dirt-Devil rechargeable vacuum. Let me know if you find a way to crack that diff case without breaking it.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:59 PM
traxxasslash12

i have a repair shop i will do it