Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

Working on a begginers project and may need guidance

Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Working on a begginers project and may need guidance

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:48 PM
magus2500x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Working on a begginers project and may need guidance

Well to start off I'm taking older RC cars that Ihad and making a single vehicle for my nephew. They are all simple store bought RC cars and trucks, andI have a general Idea of the components they contain and are using. The idea Ihave is to use multiple electric engines on a belt system as the main drive of the car. What i'm a little confused on however is the power usage and the circuit boards that are involved. I'm not sure how to mix in the extra power supplies that are necissary for the extra moters and connecting them to the throttle component of the circuit board without frying the board. I would like to have a sensitive throttle but that is something that I'm also not sure how to setup or what would be needed. Since its for my young nephew I'm not to terribly concerned with the throttle though it would be nice but instead just want to make this a project that Ican work on with him. Since I'm so in the dark on this project I would appreciate advice if possible. I've not seen anything quite like this on the forums yet annd would like to see how well it would work. Sorry for the jumbled explanaition and bad typing, i'm a little pressed for time while typing this and the keyboard isn't wanting to cooperate properly. Thanks again.