Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Maisto Rock Crawler

Hey stw9495
    Do you happen to know the size of the maisto crawler?
    RC modifications aren\'\'\'\'t rocket science... Why complicate them?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys, I want to buy this truck and put in and esc and a servo for the steeing. I will be able to do all of this but are not sure how to sort out the steering part. Is a servo just a drop-in or do you need to mod the front extensively? I will run it with a 900mah 7.4V lipo pack to give it a bit more power and to make it a bit lighter.

Or cant you use the original steering equipment with an esc? Its steering does not have to be proportional, only the speed of the drive motors.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am a novice to the R/C world and I modified my 5 year olds Rock Crawler with a 9.6v battery and waterproofed the electronics. 

The issue I have now is the front motor is dead (from water and mudding) and I have pulled it out.  I noticed others have put in a different front motor. I have a few questions... Where can I buy one?  The stock motor has a metal gear on it, does that come off?  The metal gear has what looks to me to be wear marks but I have to figure thats how it was made because the other gears in it are plastic and could not have tore up metal. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, I'm convinced.

I'm pretty new to RC, having just recently bought a Traxxas Slash 4x4 Patinum.

I've decided I also want to my hand at Rock Crawling and have decided this Maisto is the way to go.

I'm going to stop on my way home from work today and see if Wally World has one in stock.
    The first mod I want to do is change up the battery system for a Lipo battery.
    Being new, I'm still a little confused on which battery to get.
    Would this one work?
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXLL9&P=7

If not, can someone provide me with a link to one that would?
    Thanks in advance for the help.

Ran a crossed this when I was looking up redcat rs10 stuff. Figured i would post my modifications. BB'd wheels, and a few other mods that you can see.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG01662_zpsee8880c7.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	1955406

Name:	IMAG01671_zpsc8a3cf8a.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	1955407

Name:	IMAG01681_zpsb72d9d95.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	1955408

Hi folks - sorry to drag open an old topic, but i was curious if someone had a picture of both sides of the PCB? Something is wrong with our rock crawler, and it just won't respond to the remote anymore and i can't figure out why. If I apply battery voltage directly to the motor wires they work, so I've sort of ruled out the motors being bad. Any thoughts on what could have died that now prevents the crawler from responding?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345