Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo restoration!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 08:16 PM
steed2-inactive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo restoration!

So I pulled an old revo 3.3 (5309 first generation , extended chassis 3.3) off the shelf and decided to restore it. The truck is not too bad ....needs new bumpers, bulkheads, rear diff and fresh bearings all the way throughout it. also needs an engine as i traded the 3.3 for something on the internet. Anyways heres my question for you traxxas boys, as i am an hpi guy myself....I am doing this for my little brother, and have decided to put an axial 28 in it. what is involved and what parts/engine mounts would you use? also i have seen vids on youtube of the axials in the revos and they still have the pull starter on them so they must just clear the rear A arm or they dont and someone hacked it in there? i dont know ? I know the axials are no powerhouse, but he was never happy with the 3.3, as he has short patience and I know the axials hold a tune alot easier....plus i have one!...lol and what do you do about the clutch?

Any help will be greatly appreciated ...thanks again guys-Scott
Old 10-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: revo restoration!

I have had problems with multiple Axial 28 (Spec 1s). I am an advanced hobbyist and I couldn't for the life of me get those things running right. They would run perfect, both of them, and then randomly start running very lean like an air leak. I pulled them and resealed them twice and couldn't shake it when they would go into this runaway lean state.

Morale of the story- The 3.3 is a decent engine and you won't need a big block conversion to run it. Otherwise look at the bolt in OS engine.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:38 AM
steed2-inactive

thanks dale....i guess ill use the 3.3
Old 10-12-2010, 03:26 PM
thechap76
My Feedback: (26)

the picco is BB that is a bolt in...as fas as the clutch goes a alluminum 2 shoe will be long lasting and will be good for a back yard runner